Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Gift advice needed (tricky one!)

(8 Posts)
Bubbinsmakesthree Sun 08-Jan-17 08:29:56

Someone who works for me is leaving to have a baby and I need to buy a 'thank you' gift (up to about £50).

A couple of days after she leaves she will be delivering the baby (planned c-section). It will be a high-risk delivery for both her and baby and they both could be in hospital for a while.

I will see her after the baby is born and give her a present for baby then. So this is a present for her which is a thank you for her work.

I just bought her a gift voucher and candle at Christmas, there is no point in flowers as she wil not be at home to appreciate them. I am a bit lost for ideas. Any suggestions?

Redorwhitejusthaveboth Sun 08-Jan-17 08:32:05

Hospital survival pack... bright pashmina, lip balm, hand cream, water bottle, trashy magazines

Redorwhitejusthaveboth Sun 08-Jan-17 08:32:40

Ps
Can I come and work for you?

Artandco Sun 08-Jan-17 08:34:23

Voucher for 'cook' ready meals

Whatsername17 Sun 08-Jan-17 08:55:16

I was given a hamper full of things I might need. Lovely bath stuff for me and baby. An outfit for baby, posh chocs and prosecco, basics like bibs, muslin squares etc. I really appreciated that. When my best friend gave birth I took a 'two can dine' meal from Marks and Spencer which she said was her best gift as it was the first thing she hand dh had eaten in 4 days that wasn't toast!

imsorryiasked Sun 08-Jan-17 09:01:32

How about a magazine subscription?
Or maybe a kindle / fire tablet?

Bubbinsmakesthree Sun 08-Jan-17 11:53:25

I was thinking about a nice hand wash and hand cream set but it's not enough on its own. Cook meal vouchers are a great idea!

LuchiMangsho Sun 08-Jan-17 11:55:58

Cook ready meal voucher suggestion.
I have to admit I didn't have much time to use nice bath products post baby. Barely had time to pee and shower.
The M&S meal for two is a great idea as well.
For a hospital stay (long term hospital patient here with a high risk pregnancy and a high risk C section so I speak from the front lines as it were): food is essential. Hospital food is DIRE. Snacks and food are essential for survival. Lip balm and hand cream. And books/magazines to pass the time and take your mind off worries.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now