Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Excruciating pain in right ribs/muscles

(7 Posts)
MrsG2017 Sun 08-Jan-17 04:11:52

Hi All, I was just wondering if anyone else had this? My midwife seems to think baby prefers my right hand side and my uterus is at that angle.

It's mainly if I've done exercise or been at work all day I get a terrible cramping pain in my right chest and my stomach goes hard as a rock. Some days it's so uncomfortable it makes me feel sick. The only thing that will stop it is lying down.

This is my first and I'm 28weeks I was just wanting to know if any other mummies to be had this?

Thanks all x

Newmanwannabe Sun 08-Jan-17 04:53:07

What's your blood pressure like? Do you have any problems with itchiness, lots of oedema? Without seeing you I wouldn't like to give advice but if there is a voice in the back of your head thinking it's a bit more than positional get another check up and a second opinion.

MrsG2017 Sun 08-Jan-17 06:25:41

Thanks for replying no other symptoms I have been super lucky (touchwood) my blood pressure is on the low side but always has been - maybe I just over do things and it's nature telling me to put my feet up and my hubby to pass the milk tray :-)

PenelopeFlintstone Sun 08-Jan-17 06:32:35

Gall bladder? Often flares up during pregnancy.

Atomium Sun 08-Jan-17 06:40:06

While you should get it checked out as others above have mentioned possible issues, my first thought is that it's just your ribs spreading and muscle pain from between them stretching. I went up two bra back sizes in later pregnancy and had similar pain on both sides. Perhaps your baby's position is causing it to be one-sided?

Atomium Sun 08-Jan-17 06:41:50

But stomach going hard as a rock is Braxton- Hicks smile the contractions probably make you feel the strained muscles in your chest more.

Belager Sun 08-Jan-17 09:05:42

Sounds like Braxton Hicks. I started getting them at 20w

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now