Talk

Advanced search

9 weeks

(15 Posts)
user1819 Sun 08-Jan-17 00:28:53

Okay,

So I've been for early scan at 7 weeks and 6 days.. everything was fine with strong heart beatgrin

I'm now 9 weeks I'm a little scared as I've started not to have as many symptoms as I thought I would.. but no pains or symptoms of miscarriage either!

I'm just so scared about the 12 week scan not to find a heart beat.. anyone else feeling the same?hmm

harleysmammy Sun 08-Jan-17 01:40:35

I was like this, had a scan at 9 weeks and everything was fine. Around the same time i didnt have sore boobs anymore, headaches stopped, was having period pains and cramps..everything was still fine. 24 weeks now and the sore boobs are back, headaches are ten times worse and ligament pain is kicking in, but the baby is all okay and healthy so thats all that matterssmile i think lots of people lose symptoms at the end of the first trimester, and EVERYONE panics before there 12 week scan. Even though i saw the heartbeat at 10 weeks, i still got so upset the night before my 12 but he was all fine. Anyone that says they dont panic and worry before a scan is lying. Unless you have bright red bleeding (even with blood everything is still normally okay) and bad cramps, everything should be okay. Easier said than done i know but try not to worry x

user1819 Sun 08-Jan-17 10:57:32

Thankyou so much!blush

I'm just so worried and I know it's a natural thing to happen!

I've heard about miscarriage without bleeding and cramps too?sad

Mouse14 Sun 08-Jan-17 11:05:15

I found that symptoms come and go. Nearly 13 weeks now and all seems to be ok. Luckily, symptoms seemed to have doed down totally now which is great!

Good luck! smile

user1819 Sun 08-Jan-17 11:21:34

How far gone can you be to get one of those heart beat monitors to listen at home??confusedhmm

Uiscebeatha85 Sun 08-Jan-17 11:49:04

You're recommended to not get a Doppler as it'll only make your anxiety worse if you can't find the heartbeat. Even midwives struggle to find heartbeats with the Doppler

user1819 Mon 09-Jan-17 13:53:51

Another quick question..

Can you misscarry without any symptoms?

harleysmammy Mon 09-Jan-17 14:24:36

You can but it is so so so unlikely. Its called a missed miscarriage but it is very rare, the closer you get to 12 weeks the less likely it is x

user1819 Mon 09-Jan-17 14:33:32

Thankyou! That has put my mind at ease!smile iam very scared about losing this baby! I lost my dad around the same time I conceived and it would really upset me, so I'm anxious about everything at the moment hmm but I've being searching a lot and all I keep seeing is new things about misscariage x

harleysmammy Mon 09-Jan-17 16:05:43

I very much doubt anythings wrong and if it was, you would know 99% of the time. I was like this and still am at 24 weeks even though i can feel him wriggling around all the time. Try to enjoy it, thats what my midwife keeps saying x

user1819 Mon 09-Jan-17 16:49:41

Everyone keeps telling me to enjoy it! And TBH I am! I'm just so bloody scaredconfused

Stinkbaby Thu 12-Jan-17 19:12:42

Really sorry to hear about your dad flowers

I'm also around 9 weeks and my symptoms started easing off about two weeks ago. Still throw up in the morning and I don't like the thought of food cuz it makes me gag. Try not to worry too much, just got to hope for the best smile

TeaCakeLiterature Thu 12-Jan-17 19:20:04

You can miscarry without symptoms, that's why many miscarriages early on are picked up at 12wk scan as 'unviable' pregnancies.

We went to a private scan for £60 at 7wks to check if there was a heartbeat as if there is your chances of miscarriage are significantly less from then apparently.

I wouldn't worry about no symptoms of pregnancy - enjoy that! Mine was bloody awful!!

chelle85 Thu 12-Jan-17 19:39:02

From what I have found once a heartbeat is detected the risk of miscarriage falls significantly. I also think a missed miscarriage after finding a heartbeat is very rare so if you have seen a heartbeat and have no bleeding I would try not to worry

I am nearly 9 weeks and I have had quite a bit of cramping this week usually 15 mins or so then it eases off

user1819 Thu 12-Jan-17 21:21:36

Thankyou so much! This one^^ has really put my mind at ease!

Another quick question.. I've been offered an apprenticeship as a hair dresser, iam 10weeks pregnant tomorrow grin but should I tell the boss that I'm pregnant or should I leave it until I start to show? And is it safe to do so?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now