Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

8 weeks, bad habits, has damage been done? Terrified.

(6 Posts)
MBow Sat 07-Jan-17 10:04:25

I'm going 30, I tried to start a family for 6 years, me and my partner broke up for three months and during that time, I have fallen pregnant. This has been hard to deal with for us as it is.sad

More importantly, my babies health....
I never thought I'd have children from previous experience, PCOS and internal scarring. I drank roughly 4 times a week during first 4 weeks, took cocaine twice, I've been on Oramorph, painkillers & Trimethoprim for water infections and dental pain. The last 4 weeks, other than medication I've not touched alcohol or anything as I've had all day sickness (now I know why?!)

Someone just tell me, they've done things before they knew they were pregnant and they are ok sad

My Doctor isn't available for three days and I am going out of my mind.

ymmv Sat 07-Jan-17 10:13:08

Didn't want to read and run. I'm 15 weeks and it's all good so far. I drank excessively, illegals, and took unadvised prescribed medicine (and no folic acid) for the first 5 or 6 weeks.
No one (medical) seems worried.

For the first bit they're leaving off the yolk and if you did too much damage you'd miscarry (my understanding of it anyway) so take some breaths do the best you can from here on in. Remember that worrying at this stage is totally normal but do talk to professionals when you get a chance.

AreWeThereYet000 Sat 07-Jan-17 11:33:01

If you aren't able to wait 3 days to speak to your doctor then contact the early pregnancy unit at the hospital and they will be able to check you over x

SolomanDaisy Sat 07-Jan-17 11:36:25

So you're eight weeks pregnant and this was all before four weeks, i.e. when your period was due? There is zero chance you did any harm, it's just not possible at that stage.

honeysucklejasmine Sat 07-Jan-17 11:39:39

The placenta doesn't start functioning until about 5 weeks. If you've been "clean" since you were 4 weeks pregnant, your baby will be fine.

MBow Sat 07-Jan-17 11:44:39

Thank you! You've all put my mind at rest for now, I feel a bit relieved... I think I have just woke up today in panic mode. My periods tend to be annually, if at all, and are completely erratic, so I had no idea until I went for a scan to check ovarian cysts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now