Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Insanely itchy ankles/ bottom of my legs.

(10 Posts)
InsaneMummyOfThree Fri 06-Jan-17 22:00:11

Hello all, just wanted some advice. As the title says I have been having really bad itchy legs/ankles for about 3 ish weeks now. They itch so bad but no matter how much I scratch them it doesn't relieve it. Iv just had a quick Google and now I'm starting to analyse everything. Dr Google mentioned obstetric cholestits and other symptoms include dark urine, which I have had but just put it down to not drinking enough. I'm 26 weeks pregnant and now panicking. X

Onlyonce Fri 06-Jan-17 22:10:43

Hi. I had OC. Best to ring your midwife and ask for a blood test to rule it out. If you are worrying over the weekend, see if there is an out of hours in you area? Not sure what they would do or just ask you to wait til Monday. Please stay away from Google it will just get you worried. If it turns out to be OC they will monitor you from now on. But don't worry about that until you know whether it is or not.

InsaneMummyOfThree Fri 06-Jan-17 22:32:46

I'm only itchy on the bottom of my legs where they meet my feet and on my shins. At first I just put it down to shaving but haven't done that in the last three weeks, lol. I also have a pain in the top of my bump which I have had for two days but this seems like muscular. I also notice that I have had bright red roses cheeks for the last couple of days too. Do these sound like symptoms I should worry about. I know Google is scary, I read the terrible story and now I'm worried. X

InsaneMummyOfThree Fri 06-Jan-17 22:34:11

Thank you for replying by the way. X

Onlyonce Fri 06-Jan-17 22:36:35

I don't think the flush cheeks are related to Oc. With me it was the bottom of my feet and my tummy. Please try not to worry. You will be well looked after if it is OC. And it might not be. Could you call out of hours in the morning and see if they can advise?

InsaneMummyOfThree Fri 06-Jan-17 22:55:50

Thank you again, just symptoms spotting now!!! I will maybe ring out of hours tomorrow and see what they advise. Was just worried as iv ignored it for about three weeks. Thanks again for your help. X

ClaireFraser Fri 06-Jan-17 23:10:26

Call your midwife OP, you should have a 24hr number you can call in your pregnancy pack. They'll either be able to reassure you or arrange for you to go in, be that tonight or tomorrow. Really not worth messing around in pregnancy, def better safe than sorry. Hope everything's ok.

LondonRoo Fri 06-Jan-17 23:18:42

The problem with itching of course is the more you worry about it, he more attention you pay to it and the worse it gets! Likewise with any other vague symptoms you might have from time to time in pregnancy ... Been there, done that!!!

Chances are it's nothing but an annoying itch but IMHO it is 100% ruling out anything else to put your mind at rest or, in the worst case scenario, get the right treatment.

Roo

Phoenix76 Fri 06-Jan-17 23:21:11

As a pp has said, even if it is OC you will get well looked after. With my first, I had undiagnosed OC. I begged my midwife for help, showed her my bleeding arms & legs and she said it's just hormones nothing to worry about. I didn't have access to dr Google or anything like that, had never heard of OC and trusted my midwife. It was discovered while I was in labour (went into labour 40 +4), and thankfully all was ok with me and baby. The next time, I recognised the symptons immediately, called maternity assessment, they didn't piss about, had to go straight in, they took samples, it was confirmed, I was monitored weekly and given anti histermines (prescription) and induced at 37 weeks. It was all very controlled, calm and had a beautiful birth experience with a beautiful healthy baby. Please get yourself checked as you would then be treated and monitored, it may well be just hormones, but if it's not they can look after you! Good luck and please try not to get worked up, my medical care was amazing.

WetDogLovesHubert Fri 06-Jan-17 23:23:18

I had pregnancy itches which eventually turned to a pregnancy related skin condition (though for the life of me I can't remember it's name now). This showed as raised red patches which itched really badly. They disappeared within 24hours of giving birth. Everything I read at the time suggested it is quite common, and harmless. But definitely report all symptoms - anything bothering you - to your midwife as it's important to keep track.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now