Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Third Trimester Aches and Pains

(5 Posts)
Sugarcoma Fri 06-Jan-17 04:59:59

Just a bit of a moaney one and also to see if this all sounds normal...

28 weeks and everything aches - legs, arms, back. I wake up in the morning feeling as though I've been to the gym the day before (and I definitely haven't - barely have enough stamina to toddle for the bus at the moment). Also sleeping on my sides (as opposed to front/back) is killing my shoulders.

Anyone else feeling similar?

Trulyamnearanear Fri 06-Jan-17 15:16:43

Yup and there aren't enough pillows in the world to sort it, it seems.
I really wish I had some advice but I've yet to find a solution. I wish I could just turn off gravity for a little bit.

Melmam Fri 06-Jan-17 20:32:17

Yes yes yes 30 + 5 today and I feel like I havent slept in weeks going to bed exhausted waking up exhausted only to run around after my 13 month old sll day to get no bloody sleep again everywhere seem s to be hurting and now I have a itchy tummy that just wont go away angry so glad for this thread... rant over

Sugarcoma Fri 06-Jan-17 23:12:35

Oh glad I'm not the only one (although ofc am sorry to hear you're both going through it too)! Why can't someone make mattresses/full body pillows with bump grooves so we can sleep on our fronts!

Anawi Sat 07-Jan-17 00:07:03

We have recently bought a memory foam topper for our mattress. I still don't sleep brilliantly (34wks+4 here) but it is a lot more comfortable, sort of sink in a bit rather than your hips having to mould to the shape of the bed. I don't get the hip and back ache in the night anymore so even if I'm awake I am more comfortable. Worth a thought.

This is baby number three for us, and every time I have found I have slept better after the baby was born. Number 1 was a shockingly bad sleeper, but in between her many wake ups, I was comfortable and could nod off fast and I felt so much more human for it, late pregnancy sleeping discomfort is the pits!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now