Talk

Advanced search

Feeling fed up 😞

(8 Posts)
LauraK1987 Thu 05-Jan-17 20:42:36

Hi All,

Anyone else feeling really fed up?? I'm 14+3 and from a few days after getting my bfp at about 5weeks I've felt shocking!!! Constant nausea, constant hunger, migraines, insomnia and constantly feeling run down and miserable/no fun to be around. I thought symptoms would be easing now but instead last night I started with raging temp, couch/cold and really awful headache...I feel like I've been hit by a bus!!

Sorry for the long moan but I don't think my bf can take much more of my whining (he's been amazing by the way) this is my second pregnancy and I don't remember ever feeling this bad with my son. I wouldn't change being pregnant for the world I'm just having a pity party/feeling sorry for myself 😰!!

Does anybody have any tips on things I could take to feel better? I had some honey and lemon in hot water and two paracetamol in the night when I got really desperate but that's it.

Sorry again for the mammoth rant (if you got this far lol!) xx

user1478639495 Thu 05-Jan-17 21:05:15

Awwww so sorry to hear your feeling awful 😖 I hope it doesn't last too much longer for you. Sounds like you've got a nasty cold on top of everything else. I wouldn't k ow what to recommend as I'm on my first pregnancy 16 weeks in and I'm clueless! 🙈 But I can guarantee your not alone, I have a cold, sore throats and feel crap, no get up and go, tiered all the time, been suffering with headaches on a daily basis, feel very unattractive and insecure, generally crap but I just think it'll stop soon enough.
I've noticed the thing that's helped me most is actually drinking lots of water! Sounds boring and that it wouldn't do much but I've been really counting my water intake and I'm trying to drink 3 ltrs a day, so far I've only mangaged 2 but I must say it's helping and easing the headaches. Perhaps give that a go and just rest and look after yourself 😘

LauraK1987 Thu 05-Jan-17 21:19:48

Hi user!!!

Who knew pregnancy could be so difficult?! It's a good job we don't really remember it otherwise we'd never do it again ha! I'm feeling pretty much the same as you and it's crap isn't it!!

I feel so sorry for my bf as I'm a mess at the moment and just moan all the time 😕 He's been lovely though. I have a tough job as well and thought to myself today nope...I'm taking a sick day, I'm not going in tomorrow either I can't face it!

Thanks for the water tip...I try really hard to drink plenty but I never really get thirsty so have to force myself...I'll definitely try measuring my water though to make sure I'm getting plenty...nothing else I've tried seems to work!

Hopefully we'all start to feel better soon 😊I'm waiting for "the glow" haha! xx

user1478639495 Thu 05-Jan-17 21:40:22

Awww bless you it's miserable isn't it and the men are good. It they don't really understand as how can they? Bless em. Good for you, my jobs been really stressful over Xmas especially and Xmas and new year was just far too much for me (but. I one was listening to me!!) so I think for me it's all catching up with me 😖

Yes defo try the water such a simple thing but so far seems to be helping me a lot, amazing really headaches have got a lot better and I just feel a bit better. I struggled also but I just make myself drink it every now and then, I try to drink one fu bottle by 12 then it's o let two more till bed 🙈 I hope it helps you feel better.

Haha well I'm still waiting for that 'glow' and dont think it's coming haha 😂😂 it will all be worth it in the end and I'm sure this phase will pass soon for you. Like your already doing take time out when you need it and out yourself first 👍🏻

LauraK1987 Thu 05-Jan-17 22:06:13

Yeh Christmas and new year were really busy for us too, I was dragged to Newcastle for New Year's Eve and no matter how much I said I didn't want to go bf didn't listen and made me anyway - I promptly burst in to tears as soon as we got there as I just wanted to be at home. I then spent most of the time clock watching till midnight (when it would seem "acceptable" for me to go to bed) we stayed with his family and I'm sure they thought I was a right miserable cow haha!!

You'll be having your second scan soon won't you? Will you find out the sex?xx

user1478639495 Thu 05-Jan-17 22:37:32

Oh bless you!! That sounds like far too much! I was exactly the same as you though! My New Year's Eve was one of my worst! I spent all night clock watching and thinking to myself half 12 will be acceptable to leave and get into bed, 2am we finally left the bf's mothers house!!!!
I was not feeling good anyway and was tiered, grouchy, add insult to injury she cooked a meal which she knows I don't like 🙄 I was frezzing cold as she doesn't do heating and for whatever reason my tummy bloated and I was extremely uncomfortable all night. So I got extremely fed up and grouchy then all I got was are you ok? Are you alright? Not once did anyone say I think she needs to get home she looks exhausted! They were all busy getting drunk and not worried about me. Sometimes ppl are so selfish!!!! Hope this Makes you feel better knowing there's someone else out there suffering too 🙈😂 god job we can rant on here!! 😃

Yeah I haven't had a letter yet or been given a date so I hope it comes soon!! So excited to see our baby on screen again soon 😃 Nope we're going to keep it a surprise love not knowing what it's going to be!!

What about you? Will you find out what your having?

LauraK1987 Sat 07-Jan-17 21:22:27

Sorry I've only just seen this, I didn't get an email notification for some reason. Your New Years sounds just as good as mine 😂 I agree though people can be so selfish sometimes, and like you said the irony then is you're constantly asked if you're ok?! Really winds me up does that ha!

We'll definitely find out the sex, I like to be organised! I'm still waiting for my letter too...they said sometime w/c 13th Feb, one of my best friends has had 3 children and kept it a surprise every time....I like the idea of it but I think deep down I'm too impatient haha x

user1478639495 Mon 09-Jan-17 22:00:39

Haha aw that's fair enough though!! We're all different gotta do what works best for you 😃

How are you feeling this week?? I'm having a right crappy weekend and week so far I could moan and moan all night but I won't haha I've picked up my work colleagues really bad could which hit Saturday morning, felt awful ever since, but had a really busy weekend trying to get chores done and stuff that needs doing, didn't get very far, and yesterday well everything just kept going wrong. You know when you try and try and nothing goes your way? I felt so fed up and frustrated plus the cold isn't helping. Then tonight my other half is being a typical bloke, eats his dinner tells me not to get stressed over things (hard when I'm trying to do everything!!) then buggers off upstairs to read his book while I'm stuck on my own seething! Useless just when you need a hug and reassurance they disappear 😤🙄

Anyway so that was the short version of my moan 😂🙈 feeling complete crap, useless and unattractive but I'm sure we all have these days.

I hope your feeling much better though and taking care of yourself! 🙂🙂🙂

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now