Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anti sickness medicine

(7 Posts)
purplefizz26 Thu 05-Jan-17 13:25:01

Does anybody know how sick you have to be to get anti sickness medicine?

I have it bad. Not HG bad, but bad enough. I can keep some fluids down eventually, but from about 3am till early afternoon I can't eat or drink without it coming back up. It literally takes that long for my stomach to settle down.

I am a SAHM with a 3 year old, so no sick days for me!

I feel so bad that I'm not being much fun, i'm snappy, tired and feel so sick all day long. I just want to keep the sickness at bay enough to be able to keep her entertained.

None of the usual things people recommend do anything for me. I have no appetite and no matter what i eat or drink it comes straight back.

Would I have any hope of getting help from the gp?

Thanks!

Corabell Thu 05-Jan-17 13:28:02

I think if you have to ask the question then you are sick enough!

How many weeks are you? What is your urine output like? You should get your urine dipped to check for signs of dehydration.

Nottalotta Thu 05-Jan-17 13:29:36

That sounds pretty bad to me! I would go and ask Gp, sure they'd give you something.

Corabell Thu 05-Jan-17 13:29:36

And yes, your gp should prescribe something like cyclizine which should stop the vomiting. If you explain that you are getting dehydrated and struggling to keep fluids down they should give you an anti emetic. If not, see a different gp.

purplefizz26 Thu 05-Jan-17 13:32:05

Around 9-11 weeks though I am waiting for the dating scan to confirm!

I am peeing, it's darker and not as often as normal, but enough that I'm not terribly concerned.

Think I will make an appointment smile

purplefizz26 Thu 05-Jan-17 13:34:07

Thanks everyone smile

lilygirl81 Thu 05-Jan-17 14:30:28

I bought ketone testing strips when I had HG, it meant I knew when I had to go to hospital for fluids, and was helpful in judging how each day was going. I'd definitely see about getting some drugs, there are a few to try so don't worry if the first lot don't work

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now