Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Crazy dreams while pregnant!?

(9 Posts)
babyunicornvomit Thu 05-Jan-17 11:34:51

Hey everyone,

I'm 10+2 and since about 7w been having the most crazy, vivid and lengthy dreams. I'm also much more tired (I know that's normal) and am sleeping 10 hours so maybe that's why I have more dreams.
I wouldn't mind so much but they're all awful dreams.

Just some of the ones I had recently:
- telling my dad I was pregnant and he threw me over the side of a cruise ship
- going into labour on a train and having stillborn twins
- my boyfriend leaving me for somebody else and saying he didn't want my baby
- last night's was even weirder: I was in some weird asylum on an island all tired up and a horrible bearded old guy repeatedly raped me and tortured me until I got free and had to escape

There's more but I've forgotten. I understand the first three are probably subliminal fears of things that could happen, but has anyone else ever had weird dreams during pregnancy and wants to share?! It's never happened before!

Caenea Thu 05-Jan-17 13:07:42

I had some bloody bizarre dreams while I was expecting my daughter but not until a bit later on!

One featured the Top Gear presenters (Clarkson et al, not the new lot) in latex vests, frilly undercrackers and knee-boots and in compromising positions. I woke up wanting to bleach my brain.
Another was my partner transforming into a horrible clown thing and crawling around on his elbows. Woke up screaming.

I think it's pretty normal - which probably isn't much comfort!

MulderitsmeX Thu 05-Jan-17 15:07:25

I had them from weeks 6-8 which coincided with when I felt my most tired.

TopKittyKat Thu 05-Jan-17 17:46:32

I'm 26 weeks and have been having crazy dreams throughout.
Nightmares seem to have subsided and have been replaced with some rather graphic sexual dreams! They are much better than the nightmares blush

SmileAndNod Thu 05-Jan-17 17:51:44

I think its pretty normal. When pregnant with my first I repeatedly dreamed that I gave birth to a frog. God knows what that was about.
I was quite relieved when he was born and not green grin

sickofTeletubbies Thu 05-Jan-17 19:19:45

I had loads of crazy dreams in the first trimester. Loads of naughty dreams too. They've died down now sad

Rainshowers Thu 05-Jan-17 19:22:54

Yes! When I was pregnant I often had bizarre (often x-rated!) dreams that were incredibly vivid. There was one about the blonde guy from one direction that still makes me blush blush

Mustbeinsane1984 Thu 05-Jan-17 20:31:42

Haha I had this a lot with my first! None so far in this pregnancy. My husband was in knots listening to the bizarre recollections of my nights shenanigans in my sleep! Mostly sexual dreams but others quite upsetting and a bit surreal! I had to stop reading certain types of books as my mind was in overdrive! It went completely after little one was born. blush

ExpectoPatronummmm Thu 05-Jan-17 21:36:51

With my first I kept dreaming that I'd had the baby but left it in the cot and forgotten about it til a week later to find it had died from starvation.

Last night I had my first weird dream of this pregnancy where I looked out my window to find the world ending- big space ships shooting everything in sight. It was so very real that I am now disturbed!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now