SPD pain already?

(21 Posts)
Ceolas Wed 21-Feb-07 13:22:00

At 14 weeks?

Surely not?

Muminfife Wed 21-Feb-07 14:58:59

Message withdrawn

Ceolas Wed 21-Feb-07 16:28:19

Yes, this is the 4th. Only had it previoulsy with the 3rd. Think it might be due to the tap dancing on Monday evening

trace2 Wed 21-Feb-07 16:30:14

i started at 12 weeks now 24 its so bed talking of wheel chair now

Ceolas Wed 21-Feb-07 16:31:36

Oh god. Hope not trace

trace2 Wed 21-Feb-07 16:35:27

Ceolas been told coz was so early thats why got bad quickly, not even got a bump yet so god knows what am going to be like when i do get a bump! i really hope you dont get it like this i some times feel like i carnt cope but got 16 weeks left yet, i sit crying trying to move with the pain

hertsnessex Wed 21-Feb-07 16:37:00

i had it from 12wks with my ds2, crutches by 16wks.

sorry, but it couls be it.

have you got a supoort?, if not try tying some long lengths of cut up sheeting, i know it sounds mad, but it does help

cx

trace2 Wed 21-Feb-07 16:39:11

well i have bought silk pjs silk sheets too it makes it a little easier to turn, also i bought a matress top memory one that helps too

Ceolas Wed 21-Feb-07 17:22:09

Just bought a memory foam mattress. Haven't done the pillow between the knees yet. Might be the first thing to try.

Ceolas Thu 22-Feb-07 10:26:36

It's still here today. Not excruciating but here.

Bloody hope it's not here to stay

trace2 Thu 22-Feb-07 10:31:09

Ceolas it sounds like it may be the start of it, so sorry if it is

Ceolas Thu 22-Feb-07 11:00:39

Does anyone know if it's weight related? I am overweight.

zephyrcat Thu 22-Feb-07 11:06:38

ceolas I had spd with my 2nd and 3rd - it never really went away after having dd2 last year so I'm dreading it with twins.

Have you got a proper support belt? They do help. I'm going to get one ASAP. If you ask your midwife, she can refer you to physio. They will give you a proper belt and help you loads. It could well be a weight thing - I never had it with DD1 but I never lost the weight I put on with her and had it every time since.

Ceolas Fri 23-Feb-07 12:09:09

And again today

I do an evening job where I'm sitting down all the time. It's definitely worse after that.

Pillow between the knees helps during the night though. Think I might get one of those body pillows. Anyone used one?

buffythenappyslayer Fri 23-Feb-07 12:21:38

hi ceolas
i ha d spd really bad after dd3 (my number 5) and it never fully went away.

im now 7 wks pg with numer 6 and have started getting twinges already!ive also got the clicking/grinding thing going on when i move or get out of bed.

ive bought a support belt aleady and we are going to get one of those memory foam mattress toppers.

i have also started sleeping witha pillow between my legs and im thinking of getting a body pillow aswell!

see your gp and ask to be referred to the physio,they can give you lots more help and advice!

Ceolas Fri 23-Feb-07 12:24:10

I was reading last night about chiropractic treatment for SPD. Often it is to do with a misalignment in your pelvis rather than purely hormonal.

I can go with that because I have more pain standing on one leg than the other. Does that make any sense?

Piffle Fri 23-Feb-07 12:28:27

I got it really early too by 13 wks was in a lot of pain
Curiously I got appendicitis and the 3 wks bed rest and time off household chores, plus a good osteopath, it has stayed away largely if I take it easy in the afternoons.
I'm 36 wks now and have got a lot of inner groin and hip pain, but not the lower back pain which I had last time.
it's bizarre
TRace sorry its so bad for you hun

trace2 Fri 23-Feb-07 16:11:34

Ceolas yes i uderstand about standing on one leg, so does mine also after i spoke last week fell as my leg gave way on sunday monring, so in more pain now...

piffle sorry yours come back you not got long now i was thinking other day how i would have been due to soon as well, but at least i am pg again

sweetkitty Fri 23-Feb-07 16:14:33

I got it at 15 weeks with both pregnancies

Really feel for you it's horrid.

A hot bath with some lavender oil in it every night helped me a bit.

Ceolas Sat 24-Feb-07 15:57:34

Not too bad today.

I have been walking loads and my feet are aching instead!

How are you trace?

BuffysMum Sat 24-Feb-07 16:02:38

I went to an osteopath and it really really really made a difference - managed to give up the crutches!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now