Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How much is enough?

(10 Posts)
Bauble16 Wed 04-Jan-17 18:04:05

I'm pretty clued up with everything I need as this is my 3rd. Although With my previous two I was excessive and there was no need for so many clothes really.

For a May baby So far I have:
12 x 0-3 baby grow
15 x 0-3 vests
4 hats and plenty of scratch mittens
1 warm coat/jacket appropriate for may weather
5 bibs
3 blankets and 2 Moses sheets

I'm thinking a couple more packs of bibs and possibly 1 more jacket. I'm not sure if to bother with newborn size, both my other 2 fit it for 4 weeks but does seem a waste.

So what basics have u bought? I've not included outfits as tbh I had loads for my first 2 and didn't bother till 3 months ish.

MrsNuckyThompson Wed 04-Jan-17 18:09:11

The main thing I'd say you're missing is newborn vests and sleep suits. My DS was 7lbs 8b so a good size but all 0-3 was too big for him for several weeks!!

mrscrocopop Wed 04-Jan-17 19:45:03

Shamelessly placemarking as I also am confused about how much of what to buy!

mrscrocopop Wed 04-Jan-17 19:45:58

I am also due in May and struggling as the weather is so unpredictable! Some Mays are glorious, last May was freezing and raining everyday!

FormerlyFrikadela01 Wed 04-Jan-17 19:47:44

Second getting a few newborn bits. Mine was 7lb 5oz and even the newborn stuff was huge on him until he unscrunched after a week or so.

katiegg Wed 04-Jan-17 19:50:54

I wouldn't worry about another jacket to be honest, not sure how much wear you'd get out of two in late spring/summer months.

I'd buy a few more Moses basket sheets and bibs. Maybe some muslins? (or just use tea towels!)

I didn't bother with newborn size for my two, both were nearly 9lbs so would have been a complete waste.

Maybe add a cardigan?

Trulyamnearanear Wed 04-Jan-17 20:03:29

Muslins! I still use these for my 3yo.

Ds2 due soon and I've only bought 1 thing - a pram suit. Everything else is reused from ds1. Perhaps I'll ale photos of them at similar ages to really rub it in grin

divadee Wed 04-Jan-17 20:51:45

I haven't got anything in newborn size. Only got 0-3 months. My daughter who was 7lbs only lasted 2 weeks in them. Seems a waste to buy them for that short an amount of time. I don't mind them a bit big.

whoateallthejaffacakes Wed 04-Jan-17 23:13:41

pillowcases can be used for moses basket too. socks for under sleepsuits if it's chilly?

Bauble16 Thu 05-Jan-17 10:01:34

Thanks everyone. I've ordered a pack of newborn vests, few sleepsuits in newborn and 10 more bibs.

Great idea about the pillow cases for moses. I've got 2 sheets but tons of pillowcases so I will use them if need be. Tbh I do a wash daily so a pillowcase would only be standbye during the night anyway but fab idea!

I had so much with my first 2 it was unreal and such a waste.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now