Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

How much is enough?

(10 Posts)
Bauble16 Wed 04-Jan-17 18:04:05

I'm pretty clued up with everything I need as this is my 3rd. Although With my previous two I was excessive and there was no need for so many clothes really.

For a May baby So far I have:
12 x 0-3 baby grow
15 x 0-3 vests
4 hats and plenty of scratch mittens
1 warm coat/jacket appropriate for may weather
5 bibs
3 blankets and 2 Moses sheets

I'm thinking a couple more packs of bibs and possibly 1 more jacket. I'm not sure if to bother with newborn size, both my other 2 fit it for 4 weeks but does seem a waste.

So what basics have u bought? I've not included outfits as tbh I had loads for my first 2 and didn't bother till 3 months ish.

MrsNuckyThompson Wed 04-Jan-17 18:09:11

The main thing I'd say you're missing is newborn vests and sleep suits. My DS was 7lbs 8b so a good size but all 0-3 was too big for him for several weeks!!

mrscrocopop Wed 04-Jan-17 19:45:03

Shamelessly placemarking as I also am confused about how much of what to buy!

mrscrocopop Wed 04-Jan-17 19:45:58

I am also due in May and struggling as the weather is so unpredictable! Some Mays are glorious, last May was freezing and raining everyday!

FormerlyFrikadela01 Wed 04-Jan-17 19:47:44

Second getting a few newborn bits. Mine was 7lb 5oz and even the newborn stuff was huge on him until he unscrunched after a week or so.

katiegg Wed 04-Jan-17 19:50:54

I wouldn't worry about another jacket to be honest, not sure how much wear you'd get out of two in late spring/summer months.

I'd buy a few more Moses basket sheets and bibs. Maybe some muslins? (or just use tea towels!)

I didn't bother with newborn size for my two, both were nearly 9lbs so would have been a complete waste.

Maybe add a cardigan?

Trulyamnearanear Wed 04-Jan-17 20:03:29

Muslins! I still use these for my 3yo.

Ds2 due soon and I've only bought 1 thing - a pram suit. Everything else is reused from ds1. Perhaps I'll ale photos of them at similar ages to really rub it in grin

divadee Wed 04-Jan-17 20:51:45

I haven't got anything in newborn size. Only got 0-3 months. My daughter who was 7lbs only lasted 2 weeks in them. Seems a waste to buy them for that short an amount of time. I don't mind them a bit big.

whoateallthejaffacakes Wed 04-Jan-17 23:13:41

pillowcases can be used for moses basket too. socks for under sleepsuits if it's chilly?

Bauble16 Thu 05-Jan-17 10:01:34

Thanks everyone. I've ordered a pack of newborn vests, few sleepsuits in newborn and 10 more bibs.

Great idea about the pillow cases for moses. I've got 2 sheets but tons of pillowcases so I will use them if need be. Tbh I do a wash daily so a pillowcase would only be standbye during the night anyway but fab idea!

I had so much with my first 2 it was unreal and such a waste.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: