Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Cramps

(13 Posts)
user1483548607 Wed 04-Jan-17 16:55:58

Hi,

I am currently 6 weeks pregnant and this is my first pregnancy.I have been trying to do some reading on what is available but it's quite a lot of information. For the past 2 weeks I have been getting occasionall cramps, which feel like period cramps and they don't last long.
I don't know if this is normal or if I should do something. I would really appreciate some advice as getting a bit anxious!

Christmasbaby16 Wed 04-Jan-17 17:59:13

Hey

I experienced this from week 5, three/four times a day, 3everyday for about 4/5 weeks. Found them really painful (I have a high pain threshold too) but they did disappear eventually. Warm baths helped me but obviously couldn't do this in work..! A warm drink helped though.

My pregnancy resulted in a beautiful baby boy who is now 6weeks - good luck to you flowers

user1483548607 Wed 04-Jan-17 18:20:58

Thank you very much for your reply! Same with me they are quite painful at times so will definitely try the hot drink at work!
Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy!!flowers

Mustbeinsane1984 Wed 04-Jan-17 18:35:10

Congratulations! I have had this too up to 10 weeks, not sure if it was the placenta growing etc but has disappeared now (15w) But as Christmas said hot drinks, felt like they warmed and eased the pain. Take it easy and good luck!

user1483548607 Wed 04-Jan-17 19:03:06

Thank you very much for the advice! It's reassuring to know that I'm not the only one experiencing these symptoms. Thanks, good luck to you too!!smile

PotteringAlong Wed 04-Jan-17 19:06:31

Stretching pains! In percentage terms your uterus stretches more at the beginning than at any other point. Completely normal.

user1483548607 Wed 04-Jan-17 19:25:24

Thank you for the information, it's very reassuring!!

DrinkingCocktailsInTheSunshine Wed 04-Jan-17 19:30:44

In my experience anything from mild to quite severe cramps are normal. However, so are UTIs and you are much more prone to them when pregnant and often don't have any symptoms.

cooperbug Wed 04-Jan-17 19:31:05

I'm just over 7 weeks pregnant and has the same on New Year's Day. Was anxious about it as felt like period was coming.

Anyway I took some paracetamol, reared and had hot water bottle and they eased.

Had a scan today and all is well and got to see the heartbeat. Mentioned it and she said it was uterus growing/stretching.

Hope they ease soon for you.

cooperbug Wed 04-Jan-17 19:31:37

Rested not reared!

Rose280187 Wed 04-Jan-17 19:35:01

well I have had mmc and now pregnant, have dd who's 8.
I have been getting these for the last couple of days and been really worrying me... no bleeding though and boobs still sore etc..
Hard to know what to think, especially after the mc.
I have heard it's common to have stretching pains.. I just can't remember my pregnancy symptoms with daughter as so long ago!! Xx

mowgelijeffs Wed 04-Jan-17 19:39:45

Hello! Congratulations on your pregnancy. Life I such a miracle isn't it?
I had cramps too. They ranged from noticeable to agonising. I was so frightened I had a it 4 scans before my 12 week scan. anyway, everything was fine with my pregnancy and I have a beautiful son now who is 7 months old!
It's hard to feel like it now but try to relax and be excited for your future. The advice I generally got in the beginning was to try not to worry unless the severe cramps were accompanied by heavy bleeding.
All the best x

Rose280187 Sun 08-Jan-17 19:42:06

How are You now? Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now