Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Would you take a test if you had the implant?

(7 Posts)
Libby34 Wed 04-Jan-17 10:31:36

Just that really. I've had the implant for 5 years - there's been a few times where I've had "symptoms" but have tested and haven't been pregnant. But the last couple of weeks I've had a dull, niggling pain in my lower back but has turned into a sharp pain when I've lifted something, my nipples are tingly/erect and I've had quite a lot of tummy trouble blush been very lethargic, then this morning I went out for a cigarette and it made me feel really sick confused I don't "feel" pregnant but I'm aware of these symptoms and I'm also aware the implant can cause strange symptoms. I've had my current implant in for a year this month. Would you bother testing? How likely is it?

Spam88 Wed 04-Jan-17 11:17:11

Not sure how likely it is, but I would test. I tested a few times when I was on the pill because of odd symptoms.

Libby34 Wed 04-Jan-17 11:22:43

I'm walking back from the shop now with a test in hand! Not sure if I'm still feeling nauseous from this morning or if I'm just nervous confused

sj257 Wed 04-Jan-17 12:00:14

I had the implant for a few months years ago. I had it taken out because it gave me pregnancy symptoms every month and it drove me mad

Becciilouisex3 Wed 04-Jan-17 12:39:40

I'd tear! They're not that expensive and if you're having symptoms that are unusual for you then it's worth testing.

I'd wait for AF though as your test won't be as accurate until you're due anyway x

MouseLove Wed 04-Jan-17 14:36:16

Sooooo? I hope you got the answer you're after. X

Libby34 Wed 04-Jan-17 15:57:21

I did it, and it was negative. I got a pack of two so will do the other with my first wee tomorrow morning. I'm not really in a good position to have a baby right now (hence having the implant) but was still weirdly disappointed sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now