Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Abdominal pain 33weeks

(10 Posts)
Mrs40 Wed 04-Jan-17 02:06:53

Pregnant with first child and so far have had a great pregnancy with no real issues. However for the last 30 hours or so I've had a bad pain on my right hand side which has now extended to all of my stomach and is made worse by any movement and coughing and sneezing are agony (I've managed to catch a cold). If it's no better by the morning I'm going to call the midwife but feel like I'll be wasting their time and that this is probably a minor thing that I'm being pathetic about. Does anyone have any experience of a similar pain and was everything ok?

UnbornMortificado Wed 04-Jan-17 02:10:02

I'd get it checked but my second DD came at 30 weeks so I'm quite cautious.

With the pain extending in your shoes I'd ring the hospital now (number will be on your notes) and ask there advice.

essaywritingservice Wed 04-Jan-17 06:32:50

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

PeachBellini123 Wed 04-Jan-17 12:56:20

Never feel like you are wasting their time. Please call them.

moobeana Wed 04-Jan-17 13:33:25

Call and get checked, they never mind.
Please don't doubt yourself. Just call.

Mrs40 Wed 04-Jan-17 18:47:16

Thanks for the replies. I called midwife this morning and they suspect it's muscular. Advised to take paracetamols and use a hit water bottle. It's a bit better now but I'm worried about taking too many paracetamols so will try not to have any more.

UnbornMortificado Wed 04-Jan-17 18:50:14

Paracetamol pretty much the safest thing to take, you shouldn't have to put up with pain.

Pleased your feeling a bit better flowers

sj257 Wed 04-Jan-17 18:51:10

It's not renal pain is it? I was hospitalised twice with this earlier on in my pregnancy

leonae Sat 28-Jan-17 05:37:20

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

halfbuffy Sat 28-Jan-17 05:40:31

I've had a few pains and thought about a hot water bottle...but it worries me that it would be too hot if that makes sense?

Why are you allowed to put direct heat onto the area but then you have to be careful with the temperature of showers and baths? Is it because a hot water bottle wouldn't raise your whole body temp too much?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now