Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Itchy swollen labia (tmi!!)

(7 Posts)
WishUponAStar88 Tue 03-Jan-17 21:09:03

Sorry for the grim topic ... I'm 34 weeks pregnant and for the last couple of weeks have had a swollen labia which is incredibly itchy. Sex very sore.

Has anyone else had this? Reluctant to make a special effort to speak to midwife/ Dr as there's no unusual discharge, no pain peeing so I don't think it's infection although will mention it at next midwife appointment if no improvement.

Clothes are already washed in non bio anyway, cotton knickers, drying thoroughly after showers etc

SandunesAndRainclouds Tue 03-Jan-17 21:12:55

You may have a vulval varicose vein. It is worth getting checked out.

WishUponAStar88 Tue 03-Jan-17 21:23:57

Thank you for replying, yes it looks like it could be but it doesn't look like there's anything that can be done if that's what it is anyway though is there?

SandunesAndRainclouds Tue 03-Jan-17 21:33:41

If I remember correctly, it's just treatment of the symptoms while pregnant and also checking that you haven't got varicose veins anywhere else. I think support tights / stockings were recommended.

Dobinette Tue 03-Jan-17 22:27:29

Sounds like thrush to me. I got it recurring whilst pregnant. Got swelling as you describe and a little more than normal discharge.

I never had any itching with it though, which makes me think you don't have to have all the symptoms? (Not a GP!)

If it's thrush then check your toilet roll isn't scented or bleached and avoid using any soap down below.

As already suggested you should probably get it checked out anyway.

WishUponAStar88 Thu 05-Jan-17 08:39:20

Thank you both. It's felt a bit better the last couple of days although not completely back to normal. Routine midwife appt in a couple of days so will mention it then if no further improvement.

NashvilleQueen Thu 05-Jan-17 09:00:32

My guess was thrush as well. I'd never had it before or since. It was so itchy and sore. You have my sympathy OP. I went to GP both times.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: