Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Early labour?!

(9 Posts)
Gabbslou Tue 03-Jan-17 17:27:04

contain TMI! I'm 35+5 weeks with my first baby. I don't want to ring up the hospital if it's nothing to worry about and I also have a midwife appointment on Thursday to and wanting to wait until then to get a professional opinion. For the past 3 weeks I've had a constant dull lower back ache which has now gained a sharp pain on my left hand side which isn't often. I also have cramping and feeling like I'm on my period. Last Friday after being constipated for weeks I finally managed to poop but it was soft and today I've been on the toilet emptying my bowels at least 6 times and all been soft again. I also felt nauseous over New Years and again today! Do you think this is all signs of early labour or just my body preparing for the actual thing and just normal pregnancy stuff? Thanks for any replies in advance!

divadee Tue 03-Jan-17 17:48:36

I'm 36+1 and having similar symptoms to you. I think it's just body gearing up. My midwife wasn't worried at all yesterday at my 36 week check. So I would say speak to your midwife at the next appt.

I have been constipated the whole pregnancy until last week. Now pooing 3-4 times a day. Again midwife said it was normal and just body gearing up.

Gabbslou Tue 03-Jan-17 18:32:42

I'm seeing her Thursday and going to mention all of this when I do I just wanted to see what others have experienced and their opinions.. my stomach some mornings also feels really tender like I did lots of sit ups the previous day and it's hard but don't known if it's baby pushing outwards or my belly tightening.. there's no sharp pains just tender. It's the only way I can describe it..

Annabrooke90 Tue 03-Jan-17 18:34:46

It does sound like the start of your body getting ready for labour. I had the exact same thing for weeks before my children arrived. Which was a good thing because my last two i gave birth at 34 and 31 weeks. You are hitting full term in just over a week, so I would say that it's preparation. But I'd also advise just to call a midwife for advice as you are still only 35+5 and people progress differently smile

Foodie89 Tue 03-Jan-17 18:36:48

I had all this in the last few weeks but I ended up getting induced at 41 weeks.
X

Gabbslou Tue 03-Jan-17 18:45:15

Also my discharge the other day was thin but then it went back to being the usual white gunky stuff. Sorry if tmi! I can't say I haven't noticed my plug but I haven't been really looking until I noticed the change in my pants the other day is that normal too?

divadee Tue 03-Jan-17 19:06:28

Watery discharge is very normal. I have that a lot. I don't think it's a sign as I have had it all the way along.

The body can take a long time to gear up to labour.

Foodie89 Tue 03-Jan-17 19:07:31

It all just sounds normal to me! You would know if you lost your plug X

Gabbslou Tue 03-Jan-17 19:11:11

Thank you everyone! I feel more reassured and not worrying as much now. I will be telling all of this to my midwife on Thursday and see what she says.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now