Talk

Advanced search

Baths in 2nd trimester

(8 Posts)
Kelsey28 Tue 03-Jan-17 14:53:13

I just had a bath, not too hot, but I did stay in for half an hour ish?! I read somewhere the bath was a good place to see little one wriggling about but I didn't see anything (I don't usually but I do feel things) now I'm worried I've boiled my poor baby confusedas I read online afterwards you should only stay in for 10 minutes!

Cuppaqueen Tue 03-Jan-17 15:22:01

I'm sure half an hour in a not-too-hot bath is fine. DH and I are just back from a holiday in Japan where I went to a few very hot traditional onsen hot spring baths (although only 10-15 mins each time). I read there that the Japanese government recently changed their health guidelines to say these hot baths are no extra risk to pregnant women as numerous studies had shown no ill effects. The hot water was actually wonderful on my aching back and abs grin

Cuppaqueen Tue 03-Jan-17 15:23:23

Meant to say, I was 24/25 weeks then so 2nd trimester too

TeddyIsaHe Tue 03-Jan-17 15:36:25

Baths are absolutely fine! Do not fret, your baby might be like mine and go completely quiet and still when I'm in the bath. She's active as anything out of it, but I think because I'm so chilled out she picks up on it and calms right down. Plus, now I'm 38 weeks a bath is pretty much the only place I'm truly comfy. 10 minutes would never be enough! So enjoy your baths and your pregnancy smile

HeadElf Tue 03-Jan-17 15:37:55

I really wouldn't worry. Towards the end of my twin pregnancy the only place I could be without being in agony was the bath, from 20 weeks I would spend an hour in there twice a day blush by 36weeks I could have lived in there!!

Kelsey28 Tue 03-Jan-17 15:43:08

Thanks ladies. I think I need to go on an information diet!

manhowdy Tue 03-Jan-17 16:46:50

I have had hot, long daily baths all of my pregnancy without giving it a second thought. In fact, I am off for one now!

(38 weeks and bloody love my bath)

Kelsey28 Tue 03-Jan-17 16:55:14

She's had a nice little wriggle since then so I clearly hadn't boiled her or cooked her! Hopefully she likes her baths a bit more once she is here grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now