Talk

Advanced search

blocked ears at 6m pg

(7 Posts)
PizPizPiz Wed 21-Feb-07 09:38:24

I've had this problem for months now, and I'm 6m pg. My left ear keeps blocking up. It unblocks for a few seconds when I swallow or lie down but it's very annoying. Any experience? google says it could be anemia but I take pronatal tablets everyday, and they contain iron. I also saw it was pg related. Am I condemned to wait until the birth ? Oh, and I'm also very tired, it could be linked.

PizPizPiz Wed 21-Feb-07 13:06:04

bump

Mumpbump Wed 21-Feb-07 13:10:31

I don't know, but I have had a middle ear infection which caused my ear to become blocked. The doctor suggested olbas oil or menthol/eucalyptus steam inhalations to help open up the passages so that the middle ear could drain. Two weeks on from doing the inhalations and it's better, but still not quite right. Will be doing more inhalations at the weekend if I can in the hope of kicking it altogether...

sputnik Wed 21-Feb-07 13:24:27

How about getting it syringed? Might just be a lump of wax.

DD1ofcolandgerry Wed 21-Feb-07 13:31:44

When your ear blocks, does it give you the sensation that you can hear your own voice echoing in your head or can you "feel" air or breathing noises from your ear. I know this sounds bizzarre, but Im getting this and its driving me insane. Im 14 weeks.

DD1ofcolandgerry Wed 21-Feb-07 13:32:33

ps Ive had mine looked at and its not wax, my ear canal looks normal

bobsyouruncle Wed 21-Feb-07 13:35:24

I had this problem when I was pregnant, its horrible. It did clear later in pregnancy though. I used some kind of oil which I had to heat, but I can't remember what it was sorry!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now