Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

TTC after suspected chemical

(7 Posts)
minime2016 Tue 03-Jan-17 12:18:44

Hi ladies. I hope you don't mind me popping in but was hoping for some advice. I have just had what I believe was a chemical preg. Af was a week late (unheard of for me) I had 3 faint positive ic tests and stronger positives on Sainsbury's own tests before af arrived at the weekend. I'm wanting to try as soon as possible but am worried it'll happen again. I'm wondering if anyone who has experienced a chemical can tell me is there anything I can do to make the next one stick? I'm 39 and am concerned time is now not on my side sad I'm taking folic acid and vitamin c daily. I'm starting to walk 2/3 miles a day to improve circulation. Any other advice would be welcome x

GreedyDuck Tue 03-Jan-17 15:14:35

You could try taking a nice high dose of vitamin D? Most people are a bit deficient in it, and it has been linked to miscarriage.

You are doing everything right, but at 39 some of it is down to egg quality, I speak from experience! I had a chemical and then a mmc at 39, DD at 40, a chemical in Oct 16, and I've just had another mmc in Dec at the age of 42. We are still trying, but the odds get a bit longer.

It only takes one decent egg, but worth being realistic about your chances. Good luck.

archersfan22 Tue 03-Jan-17 15:19:01

Something similar happened to me last cycle, except I didn't realise for a while because I started bleeding when period was due, and it was only when the bleeding went on for over a week that I thought something odd was happening. In the end I was bleeding for a good few weeks, I kept thinking it had stopped and then it started again. I felt more or less fine in myself though, no fever or pain or anything, so I just let nature take its course.
Once the bleeding all settled down I had some signs of ovulation - we weren't really trying because I thought it would be better to wait for the next period first. But we must have happened to catch the right time and next period never arrived. I think I'm about 6 weeks now and am very nervous I'm going to lose it but as far as I know there's no particular reason it should happen again. I was really surprised I conceived again almost by accident because a) I'm a few years younger than you but still not 18 or anything and b) our first took several years of properly 'trying' to come along. I suppose this isn't that helpful to you though because we didn't do anything special to make it happen.... But maybe it's encouraging.
The good thing is that it shows that you are able to conceive, so hopefully that is a good sign. When we were trying last time there was absolutely no sign of anything for years.
(A silly question but have you checked the pregnancy test is now negative? It can take a while to go properly negative but if it doesn't make sure you go to the doctor in case of ectopic pregnancy for example).
Good luck. The 'conception' section has lots of people who are trying to conceive so that might be helpful for you if you haven't been there already.

HellsBellsK Tue 03-Jan-17 15:31:11

Hi Minime

First month of trying I had Chemical. Period was late then the bleeding lasted 2/3 weeks around 10 days of no bleeding then I got AF again.
Next cycle I was sick high temp etc so didn't really try as much as I wanted but one little swimmer stayed around.
I am just 6 weeks.
I'm worried but i am trying to put it to the back of my head. What will be will be and worrying wont change that.

Fx for you flowers

minime2016 Tue 03-Jan-17 17:18:43

Thanks for the replies ladies. I am on the conception boards but i popped over to hear some success stories and be reassured that positives can come after this happens. Like you say archersfan it's shown me that we can conceive, and I'm reassuring myself that this one wasn't meant to be. The tests are definitely negative today, and I appear to be having a regular period, albeit slightly more cramps/painful. I've bought seven seas pre-conception tablets-will they have enough vitamin D? I think being stress free might also help.

Bauble16 Tue 03-Jan-17 18:09:42

I conceived the next month straight away Op after my chemical. I upped my b12 as I was concerned with it been low as I read it helps. 21 weeks now smile

GreedyDuck Tue 03-Jan-17 18:55:12

I just take an ultra Vit D3, it's by Vitabiotics. Zinc is also meant to be good for fertility I think, but not sure if that's just for sperm.

Stress definitely played a part in suppressing my fertility, I spent several years trying to conceive in my early thirties with no luck at all. Each time I've conceived in the last few years it's generally been on months when we were distracted by other things, moving house, my 40th birthday etc and not getting to stressed about it all. Easier said than done though I know.

In all honesty, I had pretty much given up on becoming a parent and feel incredibly lucky that it happened for me. I wish you the same good fortune.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now