Talk

Advanced search

HCG Beta

(5 Posts)
Denna81 Mon 02-Jan-17 22:38:25

Hello,

I'm currently 6+1 (by my best estimate) and I had brown spotting on Saturday I saw the out of hours GP who took some blood.

Bleeding stopped yesterday and then started again bright red a today along with left side abdominal pains. Midwife advised me to go to A&E so I went and they poked and prodded (it was generally a crappy time and i ended up practically hysterical after my DH fainted).

Anyway, my cervix is closed bleeding has lessened my beta results were as follows:

37,000 on Saturday (5+6)
64,437 today (6+1)

Does anyone know anything about hcg levels? From what little i know from my previous mmc this seemed high for my dates?

I also wonder if freaking out may not have done me any favours? trying to stay calm but it's been a pretty stressful day and the docs at the hospital didn't discuss my results with me at all.

INeedNewShoes Mon 02-Jan-17 22:43:09

I think the HCG level is supposed to double, or thereabouts, every two days which is almost the case with yours so I think they're ok.

You could be slightly out with your dates (even if you know when you conceived, you don't know exactly when implantation took place).

Sorry that you've had a stressful time of it.

Did the hospital not explain the results to you or say what the next step would be? You could phone the EPU and see if you can book an early scan for next week (best to be beyond 7 weeks when a heartbeat will be found if there's going to be one, whereas many scans at 6 weeks just cause more worry).

Denna81 Mon 02-Jan-17 22:51:30

Thanks for your response, yeah they really didn't have much to say. I had to ask for my numbers. They have booked me in to epu for Thursday which I know is early yet but they want to take more blood to check they are still on the rise.

mistletoeprickles Tue 03-Jan-17 08:57:10

Please don't panic.

They like to see a rise of 66% in the 48 hour period BUT some people need longer than that.

I had exactly the same situation as you a few weeks ago. I had bloods done every 48 hours for 6 days. Each time I didn't reach the required rise. Last week I saw my babies heartbeat! The doctor said some people just need a bit longer to hit that target.

Good luck flowers

SallyInSweden Tue 03-Jan-17 09:00:50

Have a look here
www.betabase.info/chart/basic/single

Your numbers are high... which is good news. Did you have a scan at 6+1? Was there a visible heartbeat?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now