Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Maternity Hospital in East London

(4 Posts)
Dbond28 Mon 02-Jan-17 20:47:39

Hi, I am currently 13 weeks pregnant and was wondering if anyone can recommend a good Marternity hospital in East London. I have been seen by the Midwives at Newham hospital and I did not quite like the experience. They enjoy chatting amngst themselves rather than spending time and understanding your concerns. Please can you recommend.

Thanks, D

mowglik Mon 02-Jan-17 21:28:53

I was at the Royal London for my prenatal appointments but had my ds at the Barkantine birthing centre in E14. Both were great. The Royal London had just recently had a refurb so all was new and clean and updated.

This time round I started at homerton in Hackney, hated it (difficult to find parking and they seemed quite disorganised and lost a couple of my appt) and went to whipps cross in Leytonstone which is ok so far. Booked in at the birthing centre again for the birth.

Talcott2007 Mon 02-Jan-17 21:44:29

Had DD7mths at Homerton - Prenatal had no complaints as such. BUT then had an awful birth after they really messed a few things up with my induction, and the antinatal care afterwards was bad - Was stuck in for 5days - some of the Midwives where just horrible and incompetent and one in particular actually tried to discourage me from breastfeeding! (one or two were wonderful of course) but I would not go there again for anything!

Dbond28 Tue 03-Jan-17 13:03:21

Thanks....So Homerton is ruled out...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now