Talk

Advanced search

Maternity Hospital in East London

(4 Posts)
Dbond28 Mon 02-Jan-17 20:47:39

Hi, I am currently 13 weeks pregnant and was wondering if anyone can recommend a good Marternity hospital in East London. I have been seen by the Midwives at Newham hospital and I did not quite like the experience. They enjoy chatting amngst themselves rather than spending time and understanding your concerns. Please can you recommend.

Thanks, D

mowglik Mon 02-Jan-17 21:28:53

I was at the Royal London for my prenatal appointments but had my ds at the Barkantine birthing centre in E14. Both were great. The Royal London had just recently had a refurb so all was new and clean and updated.

This time round I started at homerton in Hackney, hated it (difficult to find parking and they seemed quite disorganised and lost a couple of my appt) and went to whipps cross in Leytonstone which is ok so far. Booked in at the birthing centre again for the birth.

Talcott2007 Mon 02-Jan-17 21:44:29

Had DD7mths at Homerton - Prenatal had no complaints as such. BUT then had an awful birth after they really messed a few things up with my induction, and the antinatal care afterwards was bad - Was stuck in for 5days - some of the Midwives where just horrible and incompetent and one in particular actually tried to discourage me from breastfeeding! (one or two were wonderful of course) but I would not go there again for anything!

Dbond28 Tue 03-Jan-17 13:03:21

Thanks....So Homerton is ruled out...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: