Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

So I seem to be 7 weeks pregnant...

(7 Posts)
eleven1111 Mon 02-Jan-17 17:50:26

Hi all,

Subject really says it all! Just found out I am 7 weeks pregnant. No symptoms really apart from bigger boobs (thought period might be on the way!) and feeling slightly nauseous which I put down to Christmas excesses. To put it bluntly I am terrified. I've eaten crap and drank over Christmas, is the baby going to be ok? I've read stories on here of people who found out much later and had been eating/drinking whatever and their babies were absolutely fine but I am just so worried. Very out the blue and I am the first of my friendship group to get pregnant but I think 24 is as good an age as any (isn't?!). Any words of wisdom/experience would be really gratefully received as I am currently just freaking out a bit!

Thanks smile

CoodleMoodle Mon 02-Jan-17 17:56:36

Congratulations! I was 24 when I was pregnant with DD, so definitely a good age wink Found out at 7 weeks as well! It goes very quickly (mostly).

As for the eating and drinking, I wouldn't worry too much about what's already happened! Just take note of the guidelines from now on, and be sensible with them - you're fine to have a glass of wine every so often, just don't go overboard!

Good luck with everything flowers

eleven1111 Mon 02-Jan-17 18:32:36

Thanks so much flowers haha clearly is a good age then wink I've not been taking folic acid either which I am a bit worried about but started today so hopefully that will be enough.

whoateallthejaffacakes Mon 02-Jan-17 19:51:44

join the antenatal chat smile

ConvincingLiar Mon 02-Jan-17 20:10:58

I found out in mid Jan that I was pregnant, about 4-5 weeks from the date of my last period. I went for a scan and was a month further along than I thought. The period I'd had in December wasn't a period at all. I'd had loads of booze and was horrified. I stopped drinking almost entirely straight away (might have had 3-4 drinks in the next 29 weeks). Had been taking folic acid as wanted to be pregnant. Anyway, all was completely fine with the baby. She's now 3 and is bright and bubbly.

Don't panic. You have plenty of time to get your head around a baby if that's what you want. Do you have a supportive partner? Friends? Family? I was older than you, but my parents had me at 22/23 and it's been lovely having young parents.

BikeRunSki Mon 02-Jan-17 21:13:21

9 (!) years ago, I got a bfp in mid Jan. I had had a very raucous Christmas and New Year. My son is absolutely completely normal.

user1483387154 Mon 02-Jan-17 21:21:01

I was the same but I had had a 2 week all inclusive holiday and then another month of merryment and excess before finding out I was 8 weeks pregnant.
Everything seems to be going ok so far and growth and development are on track.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now