Talk

Advanced search

Gender scan accurate?

(10 Posts)
MacNcheese87 Mon 02-Jan-17 11:59:54

Hi, I had a gender scan recently and was told I'm having a girl. I'm over the moon, but a little bit in denial as I have two boys. It was a private gender scan at 17+5 weeks and the ultrasound tech seemed pretty sure it was a girl. She even stood up and pointed out 'three lines' and 'no protrusion'.

I would love a little girl, I'd also love another little boy, but am a bit worried that I'll get my hopes up, go shopping and then it will be a boy after all. Has anyone got any experience at reading potty shots? I can easily see the three lines, it's just bugging me that the middle one is thicker. Maybe I should have asked at the scan?

Whatsername17 Mon 02-Jan-17 12:22:49

This is mine for comparison at 16 weeks. I'm 37+3 now so will know for sure soon!

Poppiesway Mon 02-Jan-17 12:27:32

Get them to double check at your anatomy scan. 20 weeks is the optimal time to check anyway.

ineedamoreadultieradult Mon 02-Jan-17 12:29:37

Yep looks like a girl but agree to holding off any gender specific purchases until the anomaly scan.

Thetruthfairy Mon 02-Jan-17 12:30:00

Yep, that looks like a girl to me. Congrats!
I have 2 boys and a girl so it does happen :-)
Enjoy shopping for her xxx

UnicornPee Mon 02-Jan-17 16:15:07

Defo a girl

MacNcheese87 Mon 02-Jan-17 16:15:12

Thank you. I will certainly ask them to check again at my anomaly scan, which is at nearly 23 weeks. (So far away for an impatient gal like me!)

I scared myself reading online about scans that incorrectly identified gender, but I will keep telling myself that this is their job. I paid them literally for this. They do it day in and day out....

But, still it looks girly right? blushha, patience!...thanks for the replies xx

haveacupoftea Mon 02-Jan-17 16:50:04

This my boys bum shot - quite a difference blush you def have a girl there I would say.

Becciilouisex3 Tue 03-Jan-17 08:23:58

Well it's either a girl or a boy with no penis grin

annlee3817 Tue 03-Jan-17 10:23:32

Looks the same as mine was at 18 weeks and it was correct, I had a girl. I couldn't get confirmation at my 20 week scan as she was not playing ball and they only just managed to get all the other measurements which was the most important bit anyway smile congrats

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now