Talk

Advanced search

Christmas weight gain!

(4 Posts)
user1483351382 Mon 02-Jan-17 10:17:02

Agh! Just weighed myself after Christmas and I've out on 7lbs! They say you might put on 2lbs a week but that puts me at 5lbs extra. I was already worried about my weight because at the start of my pregnancy i went on holiday and put on 4lbs and never lost it because I knew I couldn't diet. So I am now carrying like 9lbs that are not pregnancy related! I really don't want to carry that all the way through on top of the normal pregnancy weight. Did anyone else over-indulge?! Does anyone know if we can safely try to lose some of it now?

drinkyourmilk Mon 02-Jan-17 11:27:51

Slimming world is safe in pregnancy. I prefer just not to weigh myself fgrin

Shurelyshomemistake Mon 02-Jan-17 11:30:34

Weight gain in pregnancy can't be linear and 2lb per week must be a bald average. I'd stop fretting and chill out if I were you! It was Christmas, you were likely to overindulge. Don't beat yourself up.

Joceshe Mon 02-Jan-17 11:48:47

I put on 6 pounds in 2 weeks nearly doubling my total weight gain just in a 2 week period. Just from eating normally, i managed to lose 2 pounds of that in two days. Must have been water weight cause of food high in fat and salt. We all put stupid amounts at xmas. Its normal! . As a target member of slimming world though, im just going back to eating well now to try and stabilse my future gains. Dont worry, it should even out in the end.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now