Talk

Advanced search

Pregnancy & Sex?!

(10 Posts)
SarahS2404 Sun 01-Jan-17 20:36:05

Hi ☺

Does anyone have thoughts on sex while pregnant??

Me & Partner have tried it a few times (I'm only 10w at the moment) but it hurts a little. It's bearable but means that I don't enjoy it as much as I did before.

Any ideas on why?

strawberrypenguin Sun 01-Jan-17 20:39:24

Changes in your hormones and your body shape is also subtly shifting. I go right off sex when pregnant.

SarahS2404 Sun 01-Jan-17 20:46:46

I've not gone off it as such but when I'm in the mood it starts to hurt so it quickly disappears as I'm more focused on the pain, I don't know whether other positions would be better or whether it's sex in general :/

Whatsername17 Mon 02-Jan-17 09:36:49

I would bet it's your anxiety causing the discomfort. Totally normal as you are worried about protecting your bean. I go off sex on the first couple of months, then become a hormone raging nymph for a couple of months. In the last trimester I feel so unsexy and go back to feeling disinterested. During this email times we tend to stick to other stuff rather than penetrative sex.

jpeg28 Mon 02-Jan-17 11:04:31

First trimester I wouldn't let OH near me!!! Second trimester has been more successful, and enjoyable, but we don't dtd very often!! OH allows me to make the first move so he knows I'm actually up for it!! Size is becoming a little bit of an issue now though, im only 25 weeks... goodness knows how hard it will be at 30+!

mowglik Mon 02-Jan-17 14:44:15

I felt like I changed shape down there and (tmi) DH said he could feel something there that wasn't there before confused put me off for a while. Am 28 weeks now and we dtd and I ended up with cramp and pelvis pain.. as DH said I think I'm out of the game now until after the birth. Fingers crossed things go back to normal after the birth as it's not very pleasant at the moment

Princesspinkgirl Mon 02-Jan-17 19:05:27

Im 41 weeks and still having sex nothing has changed throughout for me

DoubleCarrick Mon 02-Jan-17 19:09:08

Just do what feels right for you - if it's any consolation, DH won't touch me with a barge pole!

SuperUnicorn Mon 02-Jan-17 19:42:43

We have carried on pretty much as normal. I'm 22 weeks now. We didn't have as much as usual for quite a while as I was struggling to stay awake at night and he isn't a morning person when I was awake and keener.

As for 'feel', I find it is pretty much the same, I'm a bit more sensitive (would that be increased blood flow?) and things feel a bit tight at some angles but it isn't uncomfortable.

Becciilouisex3 Tue 03-Jan-17 08:22:31

I had exactly the same as you. It put me right off.

The vagina walls tighten during pregnancy and the pH level of your vagina changes as well which is apparently what can cause the pain/discomfort. On the other hand some women have the best sex they've ever had whilst pregnant!

Lots of lubricant helped but not as much as DP being very generous before trying to stick it in for want of better phrasing grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now