Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Low cervix - worried

(9 Posts)
hula16 Sun 01-Jan-17 19:57:23

Me being needy again.
So first baby's delivery was pretty grim, involved forceps, cuts and tears 😬
Fast forward to now, 2 MC in 2016 and now 14 weeks pregnant.

I can feel what I think is my cervix when I wipe. It almost feels like I have a tampon in which isn't sitting properly (sorry tmi) it's very, very low. Can feel it even when sitting /lying down.

I did go back to see consultant after DS's birth, there was no examination but they just said 'do pelvic exercises'

I'm really worried a) it's dangerous to have such a low cervix during pregnancy b) due to previous damage I can't hold the weight of the baby and things are going to go wrong.

Am I being ridiculous?
Does any of the above sound familiar to anyone?
Any advice?

Nikki2ol6 Sun 01-Jan-17 19:59:10

Wow I have never heard of it being so low!!! Have you told anyone about this? Your midwife ?

hula16 Sun 01-Jan-17 20:01:36

No, not yet. They'll be closed now (if they were even open today). Not sure if they're open tomorrow but I'll call then.

user1474319850 Sun 01-Jan-17 20:03:15

I was 100% sure i had a prolapsed cervix, even after 4 cervical examinations i was still adamant i could feel my cervix at around 3-4 months pregnant, but it stopped bothering me after 16 weeks ish and it was never a problem. I wouldnt worry but if you cant stop worrying, phone your midwife x

hula16 Sun 01-Jan-17 20:07:10

Thank you user147... glad to hear it was ok for you, really hoping the same for me. Did you mention it to your midwife at the time?

I hate waiting, my mind just goes crazy thinking things and Google isn't usually my friend! X

hula16 Sun 01-Jan-17 20:21:47

I also have such a bad chest / cough at the moment so wondering if the vigorous coughing is contributing? (Am I clutching at straws!?) x

Blueroses99 Sun 01-Jan-17 20:45:52

Get it checked out at the earliest opportunity and ask them to measure your cervix. I was found to have an incompetent cervix where it couldn't hold the weight of the baby after 21weeks. If it is that you have a few weeks before the weight is such that you need to worry. If might of course be something else, and I'm afraid I'm not familiar with prolapsed cervix.

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 01-Jan-17 20:57:41

Agree ask cervix to be measured.

hula16 Sun 01-Jan-17 21:03:11

Thank you, I'll ask when I speak to the MW

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now