Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby Observation

(2 Posts)
Seb1711 Sun 01-Jan-17 18:50:07

My name is Sebastien and I am a nurse carrying out an infant observation course through the British Psychoanalytic Foundation. This is a well established course and forms a part of the training for analytic psychotherapy.

The aim of the course is learn about child development and communication as well as how the baby develops in this unique period of their life. The course’s central aspect is the weekly observation of baby.
I am looking for a family living in London (Hampstead or Richmond/Barnes area) that would like to take part. Observations are for one hour a week and last from birth to two years old. It is often thought that families appreciate and gain from being involved in an infant observation.

I hold full DBS clearance. I can also provide all the formal details regarding the infant observation course in a letter from the BPF.

If you are interested in being involved in this observation or have any questions please do contact me; or if you know of anyone you think might be able to help, please do pass my details on.

Phone: 07707 878398
Email: sebastien_druneau@yahoo.com

TallyHoAndToodlePip Sun 01-Jan-17 19:04:03

I can't help unfortunately as I live in the wrong area but good luck with the course. I'm sure you'll find a family who can help. smile

I'm personally taking part in a medical study that started before conception and continues for a year after baby is born, so I appreciate the need for observation and trialling new things on mothers and babies. Altruism is good for the soul as well as others!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now