Talk

Advanced search

Bleeding at 8 weeks

(10 Posts)
Cathays Sun 01-Jan-17 14:27:29

I've been bleeding since Christmas Day (7+2). At first it was brown spotting but has now progressed to steady red blood. The same as a period, if maybe a little lighter. No cramps, thankfully.

I was seen by a doctor at the EPAU on Friday, who told me my cervix was closed but that I can't be seen for a scan until Tuesday sad

I can't stop worrying and thinking the worst, the wait for the scan over the long weekend is awful. This is my second pregnancy, I have a son but I have never had bleeding in pregnancy or a miscarriage before.

Has anyone had a similar experience, and what happened? Thanks.

hula16 Sun 01-Jan-17 14:57:22

Hi Cathays,
Sorry to hear you're going through this. The waiting for appointments is really hard isn't it. Only a couple of days to go xx

I also have a son, my second pregnancy resulted in a mc at 10+6 weeks, this started as spotting, was confirmed with a scan then heavier bleeding followed. Third pregnancy also ended in MC at 6 weeks, again spotting, scan then heavier bleeding. I now 14 weeks pregnant and so far everything has gone well ( though I'm pretty anxious)
There are lots of stories similar to mine where things haven't ended well but equally lots where everything turns out to be fine - I really hope it's the later for you.
Take care of yourself xx

Cathays Sun 01-Jan-17 15:19:45

Thank you so much Hula, you don't know what it means to me. I have just got to wait it out. Sorry to hear of your losses. I am so glad to hear the good news you are pregnant again, I hope it goes well for you.

vfoster Sun 01-Jan-17 15:40:10

Hello! With my first I started bleeding in between Christmas and new year (at about 6 weeks). I spent the whole time worrying and convinced myself that I was mc. I had a scan just after new year and they found a little heartbeat. The bleeding stopped after that.
Best of luck, I know it's easier said than done but try not to worry yourself too much.

Cathays Sun 01-Jan-17 16:02:03

Thank you so much vfoster, glad to hear it turned out well! Fingers crossed.

Cathays Mon 02-Jan-17 09:27:38

Unfortunately I believe I am miscarrying. I started getting cramps last night and bleeding heavily, with clots and other material. Got to wait until tomorrow for a scan, because of the bank holiday. Hoping for a better outcome for anyone else going through a similar situation.

m33r Mon 02-Jan-17 09:42:15

flowers

vfoster Tue 03-Jan-17 09:28:32

I'm so sorry flowers

Cathays Tue 03-Jan-17 13:46:07

Thank you both, it means a lot.

SuperManStoleMyPants Tue 03-Jan-17 13:48:08

You poor thing, I'm so sorry flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now