Talk

Advanced search

7 weeks pregnant crampy pains

(14 Posts)
cooperbug Sun 01-Jan-17 13:54:45

I'm about 7 weeks pregnant and this morning I've started having crampy pains that feel exactly like my period is about to come

I'm so anxious as had a miscarriage in October. Have no bleeding though but can't stop keep going to the toilet to check.

onlymrsmac Sun 01-Jan-17 14:10:02

Hi Cooper, I'm 7 weeks tomorrow and I have EXACTLY the same. Low down, dull aches which feel exactly the same as period pains.

Googling doesn't help, so I am staying positive and thinking it's stretching and settling in. That's all I can do!

Hate this stage, it all feels so stressful and uncertain. flowers for you

LucyLovett Sun 01-Jan-17 14:13:10

Hi cooperbug,
I'm 6 weeks pregnant, with my first, so also nervous about all the twinges and sensations going on!
I've had cramping on and off for the last week and luckily had an appointment with my GP on Friday so was able to discuss this with her; she told me this was perfectly normal and to be expected as the body continues to adjust and the only time to really become concerned is if the pain becomes unbearable and/ or you begin to bleed more than spotting.
I think for now, as you are not showing any signs of bleeding, you should try and relax but do keep an eye on things.
Hope this helps smile
LucyLovett

NennyNooNoo Sun 01-Jan-17 14:20:58

I had the pains at that stage with my first child. I was worried so contacted the midwife who booked me in for a scan which showed a healthy blob with a heartbeat. That 'blob' is now 11 years old! I was told that the pain is your uterus and ligaments stretching and is particularly noticeable with your first. It's normal to feel as though your period is about to start as the hormones progesterone is the same. If you get bleeding or the pain gets worse, contact a midwife, but on its own, some mild aches and cramps shouldn't be anything to worry about. Good luck!

Shainamarpia Sun 01-Jan-17 19:56:13

I had this also. I had a scan that told me I was 5-6 weeks and that everything was okay. It seemed to get worse a few weeks later so had another scan and showed baby was okay with a strong heartbeat. I was 7+2. The sonographer showed me how much bigger the yolk sac was since my last scan it seemed huge! She said the most likely cause for my cramping was stretching of my uterus.
It's really normal to get cramps in early pregnancy, I was advised to take paracetamol if it got bad (my cramps can get really bad) and as long as there was no bright red blood things were probably okay. So not to worry.
I have had cramps since and not panicked about them, I just take paracetamol occasionally and that's me.

cooperbug Sun 01-Jan-17 20:08:55

Thanks for your replies, I actually have a scan booked for Wednesday so fingers crossed all is ok then.

It's such a worrying time isn't it. I can trembler being this anxious first time around but think it's with having the miscarriage I between that is making me feel this way.

Cramps have eased a bit now, i took some paracetamol and had a hot water bottle

Shainamarpia Sun 01-Jan-17 20:23:44

Yep every twinge and cramp had me panicking to begin with until I got my last scan it calmed me a lot. I still worry about other stuff having had a miscarriage last year also. I think its totally normal to be worried. Hope your scan goes well! smile

Bear2014 Sun 01-Jan-17 20:29:17

Try not to worry - easier said than done. I'm 8 weeks today and have had them on and off since the start. It's my third preg - DD and a miscarriage at 10 weeks back in April. I had lots more pains with DD than in the mc pregnancy xx

CatRash Sun 01-Jan-17 22:23:46

I'm 11 weeks tomorrow but have had mild cramps throughout so far - I've been TD it's the uterus stretching because baby is growing and therefore it's a good thing!!

I actually get concerned if I don't get any cramps during the day! I find them weirdly reassuring!!!

cooperbug Wed 04-Jan-17 19:37:28

Hi just wanted to update, had scan today and all was well. Got to see the little heart beating away and feel so much more relieved.

Have had no further cramps since Sunday and when I asked about it today they said just uterus stretching

Kirst9411 Thu 05-Jan-17 18:10:55

Hi everyone, im 6 weeks pregnant and was having cramps for about a week or so last week. I was booked in for an early scan yesterday because i have suffered 3 mc before. I went to the scan terrified and they said everything looked fine, they saw the fetal pole but was still so small to see the heartbeat. I am booked in for a scan next friday again and im hoping to see the heartbeat. Hopefully this is my 4th time lucky. I just wanted to post and say that everyone suffering a mc or if you have suffered one or more before stay positive. Thats all we can do x

harleysmammy Thu 05-Jan-17 18:20:07

I had period pains and back ache at 8 weeks, went to the hospital and did an internal to see if my cervix was still closed and it was, went back the next day for a scan and they found a little baby and a perfect heartbeat. I think its normal, if you have a midwife phone her if youre still concerned or phone the epu, but i would think everythings okay. When i went in they said even a little bit of blood is classed as normal (even though i think any pregnant woman would panic seeing blood) but as long as cramps arent alongside bright red blood and a lot of it, i wouldnt worry too much x

NennyNooNoo Thu 05-Jan-17 22:37:41

Yay, cooperbug!

Tilly2017 Fri 06-Jan-17 15:18:08

Hi ladies,

I am 4 weeks with lots of cramping across the whole lower tummy area and extremely bloated to where clothes already too tight.... hoping it calms down soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now