Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy announcement ideas

(23 Posts)
rholmes140 Sun 01-Jan-17 12:19:08

Hey. We'll be announcing that we're having a baby soon but I can't think of a good way to do it. Especially to our friends on facebook. Any ideas? Thanks x

CatRash Sun 01-Jan-17 12:52:05

Have you looked on Pinterest? It was gold dust when I was planning my wedding and I'm sure there are loads of pregnancy announcement ideas there too!!

PotteringAlong Sun 01-Jan-17 12:56:33

Just say "I'm pregnant". Job done.

RVPisnomore Sun 01-Jan-17 13:00:32

What PP said!

mouldycheesefan Sun 01-Jan-17 13:04:08

You just tell people there is no need for an "announcement"

rholmes140 Sun 01-Jan-17 13:17:06

Thanks for the suggestions. Will try Pinterest. I just wanted to do something fun smile

CupofTeaTime Sun 01-Jan-17 13:27:43

Just say you're pregnant. Apart from your family, people on Facebook won't give a hoot that you're pregnant confused

Chimchar Sun 01-Jan-17 13:33:19

I saw an announcement where someone put a pic up of a teeny pair of shoes and said they were extending their home by two feet.
I thought it was sweet. 😊

rholmes140 Sun 01-Jan-17 13:57:53

People on my Facebook will care as I don't have random people on there. They are people I know and keep in contact with.
The house idea is really sweet. Thank you smile

mimiholls Sun 01-Jan-17 14:05:19

Stuff like that makes me cringe. If they're such good friends why tell them over the Internet.

DeepFriedCamembert Sun 01-Jan-17 14:22:52

Congratulations! Do you have kids already? I've seen a few involving existing siblings recently. "Eviction notice" on the cot or child wearing a t-shirt "only the best little boys become big brothers" or parents and kid showing their tummys with writing on "beer belly" "food belly" and "baby belly". Agree Pinterest is a good starting point. Good luck!

Stargirl82 Sun 01-Jan-17 14:23:45

When due with 2nd we sent out a picture of our eldest in superhero pose and costume saying he was expecting his side kick in February 2016

rholmes140 Sun 01-Jan-17 14:34:03

Because some of them don't live anywhere near me. If you don't like it you really don't need to comment. I was just asking for some help to make a little announcement to some friends fun.
We don't have any yet. So it's all very new and exciting! We have a rather cute pug so we could use him! Hehe smile
Thank you x

Chosenbyyou Sun 01-Jan-17 19:56:37

You could dress him up in a super cute outfit (if you have one?) and put a notice saying - guard dog in training then a little scan picture next to him? Be really nice....I think it's really sweet you are excited and want to announce to your friends - some people have had a tough time with miscarriages and losses etc so can be quite guarded on announcements but I think you should enjoy it if you can xx

DeepFriedCamembert Sun 01-Jan-17 20:18:14

What about something like this?

Passmethecrisps Sun 01-Jan-17 20:24:15

I saw a nice one with paper clips for announcing where a family had a child already. So two big paper clips, a little paper clip and a teeny one inside one of the bigger clips.

Lots of my Facebook contacts are friends and family that I have little face to face contact with but like to stay in touch with. An announcement isn't my personal style but I would think nothing of it other than being pleased for the family

rholmes140 Sun 01-Jan-17 21:36:25

Thank you all for you suggestions. You've been really helpful smile

Stargirl82 Sun 01-Jan-17 23:41:28

http://kidsactivitiesblog.com/66347/adorable-maternity-photos

Blueroses99 Sun 01-Jan-17 23:53:06

I love to bake and had a shiny new kitchen so I did a photo of my oven with a bun in it with the caption good things come to those who bake. The oven timer showed the due date.

Titchypanda Mon 02-Jan-17 09:05:24

This was mine. I love creative announcements. Good luck with yours rholmes140.

rholmes140 Mon 02-Jan-17 10:20:34

That's fab! Thank you

SarahOoo Mon 02-Jan-17 17:54:40

Typical to have the ones come along with the 'don't do it on Facebook just tell them' posts...not so helpful. The OP would like to do a Facebook announcement...end of.

After we'd told our close family and friends I made a little picture using an app that just said 'baby XXXX coming soon', was lovely and fun.

rholmes140 Mon 02-Jan-17 18:11:28

Yes I've downloaded a few apps so I think I might just use the scan pic and make it look pretty and put the date on. Thanks for the help everyone! Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now