Talk

Advanced search

Anyone had slow labor? Is this it?

(10 Posts)
Nikki2ol6 Sun 01-Jan-17 08:37:54

This morning I woke up for a pee around 2am and was having braxton hicks, they seamed fairly regular so I kept looking at my phone and they were every 12 minuets. So I just relaxed and they were then every 10 minuets so I got up and went to the toilet again walked around the house got my clothes on had a cup of tea and they stayed 10 minuets apart and my back began to hurt and I had a heavy period like cramp feeling in my lower tummy. I then ran to dash to the toilet and had some very loose stools. I thought for sure this is labor!!! My last two babies were inductions but this felt like early labour and I googled and had all the signs. So I relaxed on the sofa and kept timing. They were still 10 minuets apart then suddenly I got 3 in a row that were 1minuet apart then I got another 30 minuets later and another 30 minuets later. My cramps and back pain have gone. I'm not sure what is going on. I want to call my midwife but guessing it's closed as it's New Year's Day. Could this be slow labor? Or is my baby teasing me? I am due next week btw

PotteringAlong Sun 01-Jan-17 08:40:49

The labour ward won't be closed - otherwise what would they do if you were in labour?!

If it's all stopped though I'd just wait and see how.

Stalingrad Sun 01-Jan-17 08:40:53

It could be something but my Number three teased me like this for several weeks. Apparently third labours often stop ands tart and confuse people.

What gestation were you induced at before? I think the best predictor of gestation is your own history.

Good luck OP.

bittapitta Sun 01-Jan-17 08:42:50

Delivery suite never closes - that is who you call for advice if you think you're in labour, should be on your notes. I'd say it's the latent stage of labour if the contractions are painful and irregular.

Nikki2ol6 Sun 01-Jan-17 08:42:52

At 38 weeks. And I know the labor ward wont be closed lol!! I just wanted to speak to my own midwife of course if it flares up again and I do believe it's labor I would call the labor ward

Nikki2ol6 Sun 01-Jan-17 09:50:26

I called up the hospital and they told me to just go about my day as I normally would and it may or may not start back up again 😕

bittapitta Sun 01-Jan-17 11:58:54

Their advice is sound. What answer did you want OP? I had the latent stage of labour for 5-6 days with my first birth. You'll know when it ramps up into active labour! Rest as much as you can.

sj257 Sun 01-Jan-17 12:00:43

I've always read you only go in once you can't talk through your contractions x

bittapitta Sun 01-Jan-17 12:11:01

sj the maternity notes usually have a guide of the length and amount of time between contractions being an indication of when you're in active labour and need to go in.

shirkingworking Sun 01-Jan-17 14:24:34

Hmm. I had two false starts to labour with my third. The first two were 0-60 in about 10 minutes (both precipitate labours, second born within 1 hour 20 mins of 1st twinge) - so I rushed to hospital with the third twice only for labour to stop totally. But it did start properly twice with contractions every 2/3 mins. My third one was definitely not what I was expecting. The baby eventually arrived after they induced me (by breaking waters as had got to two cm a week earlier - weird) - again, came very rapidly in the end. No idea what to expect with number 4.... But, if I were you, I'd call the labour ward!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now