Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I NEEEEEED SLEEEEEP!

(14 Posts)
Bellabelloo Sat 31-Dec-16 21:41:16

I am so tired. Beyond exhausted. And I haven't even had the baby yet! I feel I should be stocking up on my sleep levels in preparation!!!

I am 36 weeks pregnant. I have struggled with sleep for weeks now - waking up for hours in the middle of the night. But now, on top of that insomnia I just can't get comfy enough to sleep in the first place, my baby is hurting me with the movements and I need to pee every 40 minutes or so.

I have a nice warm bath and a warm milky drink before bed. And then just lie there tossing and turning until it's time to wake up. I am then an absolute zombie all day long.

Any tips? Natural remedies that are safe? Can my GP give me anything?

NotWithoutMyMerkin Sat 31-Dec-16 21:43:58

Sympathy. I can't think of anything beyond a decent pregnancy pillow, a bed to yourself, daytime naps. And birth. It's crap at the end which is why people get desperate for the baby to come. And then the buggers keep you awake.

doleritedinosaur Sat 31-Dec-16 21:46:44

Same here except I'm 30 weeks with a toddler so I know I won't be sleeping anytime soon either.

I have the pregnancy pillow, hot drink, I do everything but heartburn/butt in ribs, just zilch.

If you can nap do it.

Bellabelloo Sat 31-Dec-16 21:46:55

Thanks NWMM! I am in the spare room and have a dreamgenii pillow but maybe I need something a little firmer!

angryangryyoungwoman Sat 31-Dec-16 21:47:30

Nap, nap, nap

Blahblahblahyadayadayada Sat 31-Dec-16 21:50:32

Do you have any hypnosis/relaxation apps or CDs? I had natal hypnotherapy ones (one for pregnancy relaxation and one for both preparation) which were useless in labour but I listened to them and would fall asleep listening to them.
I am currently using an app (ihypnobirthing) and just listen to the music part of it. I only have the free version but the paid one isn't too expensive, I believe. If I wake during the night I use it again.
My sympathies, truly. I had awful insomnia for the whole of my first pregnancy and a degree of it this time along with some other issues.
Best of luck!

Blahblahblahyadayadayada Sat 31-Dec-16 21:51:06

Apologies. The app I have is iHypnobirth-lite.

Bellabelloo Sat 31-Dec-16 21:54:31

Thanks!! Will give the app a go!

And will try and nap if I can wangle it....!

X

Trulyamnearanear Sat 31-Dec-16 22:09:36

My dr prescribed avomine (sp?) an travel sickness drug that also makes you drowsy. I find it really helps falling back to sleep after waking.

johendy Sat 31-Dec-16 22:17:55

Ditto here. Pregnancy insomnia sucks. And when I do get a good run of sleep, one of the kids wakes me anyway.
I put on a talking book to fill my head with noise, to stop my mind racing - but not one I'm particularly interested in, otherwise I get hooked. I'm listening to this one for the 3rd time because it's so easy.

BonesyBones Sat 31-Dec-16 22:33:48

I don't know what will help you sleep but if you discover the secret please let me know!

Officially due on Monday and I haven't slept more than two solid hours in weeks sad

Constant back pain, two cracked ribs and a horrid cough, I'm so tired! You have my sympathy!

Whatsername17 Sat 31-Dec-16 22:48:45

Orgasm. I know it is the master thing you feel like doing (I'm 37+1 - I totally get it!) but, it relaxes you, releases happy hormones and helps aid a more restful sleep.

Whatsername17 Sat 31-Dec-16 22:49:13

Last thing not master thing!

ThinkPinkStink Sat 31-Dec-16 23:08:10

I second (third) using natal hypnotherapy tracks, I never stayed awake for a whole Maggie Howell track.

Of course it won't stop you waking three times for a wee.

Pregnancy sucks, even now (eleven weeks pp) I regularly thank my lucky stars that I'm not pregnant anymore.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now