Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anxiety out of control!

(3 Posts)
Kelsey28 Sat 31-Dec-16 13:29:08

Sorry for yet another post! I am looking for some advice. I have always had really bad anxiety since I was about 16. I was on medicine for it but stopped this summer as I was in my dream job, moving in with my OH etc and just felt really released and happy. In hindsight I probably felt so relaxed because of the medicine sad.
In late September I found out I was 10 weeks pregnant. This was a lovely surprise but obviously it's brought my anxiety back in a huge way. I can't stop thinking that something will happen to my baby. All day every day I wait and wait for her to move and then a few minutes after she's moved I panic until she moves again. I feel like I didn't enjoy Christmas at all because I did was think about baby moving. I can't sleep because of it. I spend all my time googling about kick counts etc. I must have read everything about it on the internet! I'm driving my poor OH (very relaxed by nature) mad as well as myself. I have no idea how I'll cope when I'm back at work next week (I'm a primary school teacher) because I'm struggling to concentrate on anything else. I have an appointment with my midwife on the 12th but every day I want to go to the hospital because I'm so scared 🙈🙈🙈. Any advice on relaxing? Thanks!

100milesanhour Sat 31-Dec-16 13:43:38

You can ask your midwife to the pregnancy mental health team and they can help guide you forward.

Have you tried any videos on YouTube? There's a lot of pregnancy meditation videos. X

Whitechester Sat 31-Dec-16 18:53:20

I too suffer from anxiety. Mine has got worse since being pregnant, although mine isn't to do with the baby, however I really struggled to relax - in fact I am struggling now and im 9 months. The only way to calm my anxiety and switch off is a bath, candles and some
Calm music.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now