Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

back pain at 6 wks

(8 Posts)
mandler Tue 20-Feb-07 17:11:53

Hi all - sitting here unable to move because of excruciating lower back pain. I can barely walk, bend, move - and I am only 6wks pg! Doctor doesn't know what it is, not a UTI, no spotting... anyone have any advice? Can't take too long off work as I am still keeping quiet about everything...Thanks

Muminfife Tue 20-Feb-07 19:17:33

Message withdrawn

liviesmum Tue 20-Feb-07 19:22:21

go see a physio, they can't do much but will be able to tell you what is going on with your back. I sympathise, had terrible back pains with my first baby, if you have a weak back do everything you can to get it strong throughout your pregnancy as it takes such a strain when the bump gets bigger. Good luck

mandler Tue 20-Feb-07 21:02:05

Thanks for the advice - I have spent all day in one position which I am sure hasn't helped! Do I need to get a referral to a physio or just go privately?

liviesmum Tue 20-Feb-07 21:06:14

it depends on whether you have any private health coverage that may pay for your visits. Mine did but I had to get a referral from my GP first. Try to strech your back a little and if you lie down keep your knees up. Poor thing it's awful

mandler Tue 20-Feb-07 21:10:43

helpfully, our private cover doesn't include anything to do with pregnancy. god will it be like this from now on - don't know how I will cope (sorry getting a bit overwhelmed

EdieMcredie Wed 21-Feb-07 08:44:19

I had this but at around 4-5 weeks. I thought I was miscarrying again. It went after about three days but was agony. I was told it was softening of the ligaments. Haven't had anymore although do get sciatica now instead!!

mandler Wed 21-Feb-07 11:50:13

That's good news, went back to docs for a second opinion today and she seemed to think it will go soon too. Hope so, walking around like an old crone not a good look!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: