Talk

Advanced search

back pain at 6 wks

(8 Posts)
mandler Tue 20-Feb-07 17:11:53

Hi all - sitting here unable to move because of excruciating lower back pain. I can barely walk, bend, move - and I am only 6wks pg! Doctor doesn't know what it is, not a UTI, no spotting... anyone have any advice? Can't take too long off work as I am still keeping quiet about everything...Thanks

Muminfife Tue 20-Feb-07 19:17:33

Message withdrawn

liviesmum Tue 20-Feb-07 19:22:21

go see a physio, they can't do much but will be able to tell you what is going on with your back. I sympathise, had terrible back pains with my first baby, if you have a weak back do everything you can to get it strong throughout your pregnancy as it takes such a strain when the bump gets bigger. Good luck

mandler Tue 20-Feb-07 21:02:05

Thanks for the advice - I have spent all day in one position which I am sure hasn't helped! Do I need to get a referral to a physio or just go privately?

liviesmum Tue 20-Feb-07 21:06:14

it depends on whether you have any private health coverage that may pay for your visits. Mine did but I had to get a referral from my GP first. Try to strech your back a little and if you lie down keep your knees up. Poor thing it's awful

mandler Tue 20-Feb-07 21:10:43

helpfully, our private cover doesn't include anything to do with pregnancy. god will it be like this from now on - don't know how I will cope (sorry getting a bit overwhelmed

EdieMcredie Wed 21-Feb-07 08:44:19

I had this but at around 4-5 weeks. I thought I was miscarrying again. It went after about three days but was agony. I was told it was softening of the ligaments. Haven't had anymore although do get sciatica now instead!!

mandler Wed 21-Feb-07 11:50:13

That's good news, went back to docs for a second opinion today and she seemed to think it will go soon too. Hope so, walking around like an old crone not a good look!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now