Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I'm overdue :( Any tips on how to speed up labour?

(7 Posts)
Milliej103 Fri 30-Dec-16 16:40:22

Hi everyone, I'm new to this as you may be able to tell! But i am currently 40+4 days pregnant with my first baby and feeling very impatient and fed up!! Me and hubby just want to have our little boy in our arms and getting very fed up with waiting now. I have been trying EVERYTHING to try and bring him along sooner.. sex, curries, walking loads, warm baths, raspberry leaf tea, evening primrose oil and pineapple.. but nothing seems to be working!! I also went for a sweep two days ago however my midwife was unable to do the sweep as she couldn't reach my cervix. Apparently it was too high up. This didn't really make me feel very confident that he would be making an appearance any time soon! Does anyone else have any suggestions as to what I can do to help speed things along? Last week I had a day where I had constant dull period pains which got me all excited as I thought it was the start of something, and then they just went sad These pains came back again this morning for a couple of hours and then went again.. so feeling a little confused as to what's happening and getting worried as I don't particularly want to end up having to be induced or having a c-section! Also very concerned that the more overdue I go, the bigger baby will be.. is this how it works?

Any advice would be really appreciated!! 😊

Redcrayons Fri 30-Dec-16 16:43:44

Book a lovely non refundable weekend away. grin

UnicornPee Fri 30-Dec-16 22:37:52

With my second I got to 41+5 but as it was my second I enjoyed the extra time of quietness as I knew once she popped I would have no rest for the next 8 years.

With my first I was one day early and I believe that was thanks to eating a load of kurly kale the night before.

Phoenix76 Fri 30-Dec-16 23:03:27

redcrayons 😂
You poor thing, waiting is terrible and uncomfortable! Walking carefully up and down the stairs. Some swear by a bounce on a birth ball. However, what did it for me was a good old cry of frustration and within an hour I was in labour! Strange but true! You're on the home run, wishing you a speedy and safe labour x

Pointlesscrap Sat 31-Dec-16 00:38:25

I had two premature babies before I went onto have my 3rd at 40+5 trust me those extra weeks felt like years as I had never reached full term before. I really feel for you Hun. Wear your best underwear Sod's law your waters will break...good luck x

user1481490957 Sat 31-Dec-16 00:55:46

My sister went into labour by playing with her nipples blush apparently it releases a hormone that helps kick start labour.

kmini Sat 31-Dec-16 08:41:57

Worked for me!

www.scalinis.com/main-babies.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now