Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Help with nausea

(8 Posts)
rohanalan Fri 30-Dec-16 13:57:29

I'm suffering with really bad nausea but no actual throwing up. This is my second pregnancy. I didn't have this with my first pregnancy so not really sure what to do. I'm going to try ginger biscuits when I get to a shop but anything else? I'm struggling to even eat meals, eating little and often seems to help a bit but the sickness feeling is still there. I'm only 8 weeks too

AlpacaRabbit Fri 30-Dec-16 14:52:25

No real help but empathy. I am 9+2 and nausea has really kicked in.

As has been mentioned in previous threads carbs seem to help a bit, occasionally sour sweets and resting but benefit is marginal at best.

At six weeks I almost wished I felt sick as it didn't feel real... Always be careful what you wish for!

Fingers crossed it gets a bit better soon.

Beewhisperer Fri 30-Dec-16 14:55:57

I was like that. All day nausea but not scruakky sick. The only tip I can give is to not let yourself get hungry. It is so much worse if you do.
I nibbled rich tea biscuits with seemed to help a bit.

Beewhisperer Fri 30-Dec-16 14:56:27

*actually

DontBuyANewMumCashmere Fri 30-Dec-16 15:22:54

I was like this in my first pg. No sickness just constant nausea. I remember saying to DH I wish I was just fucking sick and get it over with. However my friend is about 26 weeks pregnant and has only just stopped throwing up and was being sick 20 times a day so I'll take nausea all the way!!

Ginger nuts and salt and vinegar walkers crisps were my only foodstuffs for about a month! blush
Then by about 12 weeks or so it was over and I was onto craving jam doughnuts by the bagfull
DD came out perfectly healthy so do whatever you need to get through it.

Think I'm pg with no.2 and I will by bulk buying S+V crisps and gingernuts on the next big shop. Currently on the m25 trying to not barf into a nappy bag envy <---- boak

10Betty10 Fri 30-Dec-16 17:25:02

Try full sugar lemonade. It really helps. Especially with plenty of ice.

user1482955082 Fri 30-Dec-16 17:36:01

hey!!
Sorry to hear you're feeling so nauseous sad I have had a lot of nausea too but no actual throwing up, I have been sucking foxes glacier fruit sweets and they seem to take it away for a bit I think it must be the sugar in them?
Hope it passes soon for you! xx

Beewhisperer Fri 30-Dec-16 18:46:12

Just remembered- original lucozade really helped and kept me going. Recommended by my midwife.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now