loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can you actually tell from scan pic?

(6 Posts)
Littlejayx Fri 30-Dec-16 13:40:12

Everyone who has seen it has said girl, I haven't a clue shock

MissMatchedSocks Sat 31-Dec-16 01:50:30

I have no idea what people are on about when they're guessing sex through a scan picture. It's lovely having your own scan but they pretty much all look the same to me!

Congratulations either way!

Notinmybackyard Sat 31-Dec-16 01:59:43

I don't think you can see the sex of the baby from that angle. I've had all sons and grandsons and seen their scans and the fact they were boys was pretty obvious. I think I've read somewhere that telling the sex of a girl is more difficult but I'm no expert.

Hellmouth Sat 31-Dec-16 02:01:26

I think they're just guessing, I don't think you can tell by that. The scan person, or whatever they called, saw we were having a boy by getting a view of between his legs. We saw his little winkie lol

Annabrooke90 Sat 31-Dec-16 12:32:30

It's based on the nub theory when people 'guess' not all scan images have a visible nub. But if a nub is imaged and the gestation is over 12+3 weeks the nub theory can be highly accurate. The reason gestation is important is because below that a nub that appears to look girly can infact rise/change to a boy in a matter of days (nubs all start off looking almost identical).

I've had five babies, four boys first, the nubs weren't imaged, my last baby however had a perfect example of a girl nub and she very much was/is a girl.

The skull theory though is in no way accurate for fetuses.

Annabrooke90 Sat 31-Dec-16 12:37:06

This is my 12+3 scan, the nub is circled in blue. Very different to what you would see on a male one at a similar gestation.

Sounds crazy but it does hold alot of accuracy when done correctly. They have actual forums for this type of stuff grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now