Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How long did you exercise for?

(16 Posts)
MrsStavrum Fri 30-Dec-16 12:40:05

Hi all,
I am currently 7 months pregnant and I am wondering how much longer I will feel like exercising for? I know it is a very personal thing but just a rough idea. I was attending the gym regularly doing incline walking and weights until about 2 weeks ago when I had to stop going in the morning as I was getting so exhausted with a long work day in the build up to 1st January (our busiest time of year). I have been doing pregnancy yoga/pilates DVDs pretty much every day.
I have one more month of work which should be nice and quiet so I would have time to go to the gym at lunchtime but my gym is pretty pricey and I dont want to pay for a whole month and then not use it.
Thanks!

Lunalovepud Fri 30-Dec-16 19:09:01

I went right up until 38 weeks but obviously reduced levels of exercise because I was massive. wink

By then I was walking, swimming and cycling on the bikes with comfy seats and back support. Swimming is amazing because you feel all lovely and weightless... It's so nice for your knees and back.

I'm pregnant again now and intend to do the same if possible.

Bear2014 Fri 30-Dec-16 19:47:23

I did spinning until 28 weeks then swimming til 39

MyBlackCat Fri 30-Dec-16 19:56:49

I ran up to 33 weeks then baby came at 36 weeks, for last six weeks it was 5km once a week (parkrun) before that running twice a week with a gym session. Got out for a run 5 weeks post birth.

oldlaundbooth Fri 30-Dec-16 20:02:23

First pregnancy I stopped at around 7 months due to fear of falling (bike) and bad weather.

Second pregnancy I stopped at around 6 weeks as I was rough as a dog and never re-started

BikeRunSki Fri 30-Dec-16 20:29:51

With first pg, after the hyperemisis had subsided around 18 weeks, I swam most days and did a weekly pregbancy Pilates class. I swam a mile the day before he was born.

With my second pg, swimming made me throw up and I couldn't face anything else. I tried to walk as much as I could, and climbed a small welsh mountain with DS 33 weeks, on his third birthday.

BikeRunSki Fri 30-Dec-16 20:30:56

Oh yes, first pg I went skiing at 7 weeks, because it was all booked and paid for! I have never skied so well in my life.

Doje Fri 30-Dec-16 20:40:32

In my first pregnancy I walked waddled right up until the end. At 42 wks I was walking 2 miles regularly. I swam too, right till the end. I stopped playing netball fairly early on, for fear of falling over (it's a rough game!)

2nd time round I could barely walk by 38 wks, but I did swim. It was something DS1 and I could do whether without me being in pain! I suppose it wasn't swimming as such as bobbing though as he was only 18 months, so I could hardly do lengths!

Ladybird1979 Fri 30-Dec-16 21:33:10

Still managing 4-5 bike rides a week at 33 weeks. Slower and shorter than usual pleased to do 25 miles today. Feels like 100 though!

Christmasbaby16 Sun 01-Jan-17 16:45:02

Until the day before i delivered for me, positive it helped my body cope in labour grin
Also positive it helped me in pregnancy as didn't suffer any aches or pains (lucky I know)
Good luck x

Helspopje Sun 01-Jan-17 16:50:20

Booted off velodrome in first trimester
Dumped pylometrics eg box jumps at start second trimester
Still did road riding until 28 weeks ish when aggressive riding position became uncomfortable
Still doing sufferfest/spin at 35/40
Also still lifting - 100-120kg DL, 60-70kg front squat. Doing lots of resistance bands glute strength stuff as have spd and so joint instability since about 18 weeks
35 weeks atmo and planning to continue right up to delivery

Twinnypops Sun 01-Jan-17 19:10:10

I was still swimming right up until giving birth (I kept being paranoid that my waters would go while I was in the pool!). During the last few weeks my feet really swellled up (it being Summer didn't help) and I could only wear flip flops, so I wouldn't have been able to use any machines at the gym even if I'd wanted to.

arbrighton Sun 01-Jan-17 19:19:42

I'm still paddling my rowing boat currently at 13 weeks but at some point bump will make that impossible. As long as all goes ok, I'll be walking two dogs for as long as I am able, want to do some swimming and find a pregnancy pilates on you tube to do really.

KatharinaRosalie Sun 01-Jan-17 21:34:03

I'm an instructor and taught my last BodyPump class 5 days before Dc2 was born. Only stopped because I didn't want to risk having to cancel a class because I'm busy giving birth

BikeRunSki Sun 01-Jan-17 22:07:23

I did the red route at Newcastleton 7 Stanes (Mountainbiking) at 28 weeks.

Ladybird1979 Sun 08-Jan-17 20:07:58

We sound very similar goods luck getting back into your cycling after your bump arrives :-) I miss the velodrome so much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now