Talk

Advanced search

Anterior placenta

(27 Posts)
notasillysausage Thu 29-Dec-16 14:41:26

Hi, I'm 19 weeks pregnant with 2nd dc. I have an anterior placenta and have felt no movements yet. I felt movements much earlier with DS and it is increasing my anxiety.

Has anyone else any experience of this? When did you feel movements?

melonribena Thu 29-Dec-16 14:44:37

I had an anterior placenta with ds2 and felt kicks much later than with ds1. I can't remember when exactly but I'm sure it was later than 19 weeks.
Pop to the midwife if you're concerned though

mistermagpie Thu 29-Dec-16 15:02:17

I don't have anterior placenta but felt movement with second pregnancy later than the first (didn't have anterior placenta then either), despite everyone I know saying the opposite! It took much longer to feel regular movement but overall baby #2 seems more active than baby #1 was. They are all different but contact your midwife if you are worried.

MoonlightMojitos Thu 29-Dec-16 15:21:18

I have an anterior placenta too but this is my first so I have nothing to go by either... I'm 18 weeks and haven't felt anything yet.

mamatiger83 Thu 29-Dec-16 15:24:26

I had anterior placenta with my dd (2nd child) did not feel movement until 25 weeks

notasillysausage Thu 29-Dec-16 15:29:10

Thanks for the replies. I am always anxious when pregnant and I can tell the lack of movements is going to be quite stressful for me. The thing is, I can't contact the midwife every time I feel anxious as it would be none stop. It's frustrating and I do get annoyed at myself as I can't just relax and enjoy being pregnant. I have been doing lots of reading and it does seem 'normal' for it to take a lot longer to feel movement with an anterior placenta so I will keep reminding myself of that.
I have my 20 week scan a week today, hopefully that will give me some reassurance. Thanks again flowers

BeccaSays Thu 29-Dec-16 16:42:17

I'm nearly 30 weeks and have an anterior placenta. I didn't feel anything I was certain was movement until around 21 weeks. A few times I thought it could be a kick but I was so unsure. The scan will provide reassurance smile lots of luck with your pregnancy.

RasperryInAMelon Thu 29-Dec-16 16:48:54

Sausage are you on the May 2017 thread? I'm 100% with you. EDD 24th May and this is my first DD.

At my private gender scan I was told I have anterior placenta and I've been in a right state.

I have a few friends a colleagues due around the same time who are haggling like school girls about how amazing it feels and how connected they feel to the DC and I have nothing.

I suffer with anxiety as it is and the fact I've not so much felt a thing is really beginning to stretch on my anxiety and piss me off at the same time. I just want to feel how the others are I guess.

My 20 week scan is on Jan 5th too. Where are you based?

MrsBellefleur Thu 29-Dec-16 16:54:37

I had an anterior placenta with dd1 and have again with this pregnancy with dd2. I was probably 22 weeks or so before feeling definite kicks from the inside and maybe a week later to dh being able to feel her kicking with his hand on my belly.

SarahOoo Thu 29-Dec-16 17:00:33

I'm 25 weeks and have an anterior placenta but a high one so felt movement very low down at 17 weeks, now she (team pink!) won't stop moving which is very reassuring as we've already had quite a journey with this pregnancy.

I was told I wouldn't feel anything until now (22-25 weeks) so please try not to be alarmed.

melonribena Thu 29-Dec-16 17:01:14

Op, even though I had an anterior placenta with ds2, once I did start feeling kicks, I felt them all the time, much more than ds1!
So you've probably only got a few weeks until you feeling lots and lots.
Honestly, the midwife shouldn't mind. That's their job!

MrsDustyBusty Thu 29-Dec-16 17:04:59

I had an anterior placenta and I barely felt anything throughout the pregnancy. Baby is fine, not a bother on her.

drinkyourmilk Thu 29-Dec-16 17:39:34

I'm a most 27 weeks, and have an anterior placenta. Started feeling flutters around 21weeks. Now it's definitely strong kicks. Husband has only felt baby once- it's not usually strong enough alas.

AudreyBradshaw Thu 29-Dec-16 17:40:03

I had one, it was about 21/22 weeks when I felt what could be described as proper kicks, by 24/25 weeks I could see them, by 30 weeks it was amazing watching the little alien like limbs bumble across, by 35 weeks it was getting a bit tight and by 40 weeks it was decidedly uncomfortable. DS is now nearly 5 weeks old and asleep on my chest. (My placenta was huge too by all accounts)

WellErrr Thu 29-Dec-16 17:43:49

I had it with my third, no movements felt until 22/23 weeks. 17/18 with the others.

Try not to worry.

Blondeshavemorefun Thu 29-Dec-16 18:59:27

Literally didn't feel kicks till 26w / last week - 27w today

Felt flutterings butterflies bubbles from 20ish weeks

JunebabyT Thu 29-Dec-16 19:19:54

I've an anterior placenta with DD1 and I'm 17+6. Not felt any movements yet. I only had a few twinges but think that was just stretching!

UnluckyinLoo Thu 29-Dec-16 19:29:26

I have this this time and felt first definite movements (kicks) at 20 weeks (felt around 17 weeks last pregnancy).
Before that I had felt some general pressure but didn't know if that was Braxton hicks or not. Had also felt stuff which could have been wind or baby earlier. Now that I've felt the kicks I think the pressure was the baby but I have no idea about the wind feelings.
Totally understand your worries. I was surprised how mine suddenly happened.

notasillysausage Thu 29-Dec-16 20:05:15

Thank you everyone, I'm feeling a bit more positive now. Looks like I will just have to wait a few more weeks smile

Raspberry I have posted the odd thing in the May 17 thread but get a bit lost with it if I'm honest - it's a busy month for babies it seems! I am due 25th May with a surprise grin. I'm based in the North West, how about you?

ScarletSienna Thu 29-Dec-16 20:12:02

I had this too and rarely felt anything. I felt really stressed about trying to count kicks and could only feel any movement if totally still, on my side and the baby was in a certain position and even then, it wasn't until I was over 25 weeks. I was at the hospital a lot for checks when I felt absolutely nothing: I could see the monitor showing movement yet still not feel it myself!

Sienna9522 Thu 29-Dec-16 20:15:35

33 weeks here, I also have an anterior placenta. I didn't feel any movement until at least 24/25 weeks. It's been something that has created much anxiety. I feel her all the time now, but don't see limbs as others have mentioned. I doubt I feel as much as someone with a posterior placenta (the midwife said I'd feel movement in a different way). In saying that, it's my first pregnancy so don't have much to go by.

RasperryInAMelon Thu 29-Dec-16 20:19:00

Sausage it is a busy month and there are a lot of us! I'm May 24th smile PM me if you ever fancy a chat

sj257 Thu 29-Dec-16 20:23:12

I have one, it must be fairly high though as I felt movements at 15 weeks (3rd baby). However as he got bigger and moved further up I stopped feeling them as much. I'm 37+1 now and feel everything! X

Taylor22 Thu 29-Dec-16 20:31:07

I had an anterior placenta. I never felt any major movements. Even at full term I barley felt anything.
At one point I went in for monitoring and they told me the machine was saying she was moving but I still didn't fell a thing.

Badgerbird Thu 29-Dec-16 21:41:19

It's nervewracking isn't it OP! I'm 19 weeks tomorrow, 1st DD, anterior placenta and cannot wait to feel her moving!!! Soon hopefully. Sounds like we have to be a little more patient smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now