Talk

Advanced search

First Pregnancy - Is everything running too smoothly?

(17 Posts)
user1483017402 Thu 29-Dec-16 13:25:40

Hi All,

This is my first post, sorry if it is a tad rambley!

I am currently 12 weeks pregnant and I have loads of questions to ask.
Everything is running perfectly (Touch wood) I am 23 in a steady job with a very loving man. Currently we are living with his parents to save money for a house, which is pretty wonderful so far.

I keep having this niggling feeling everything is going too well. In the past things have gone from perfect to zero in a couple of days and i am always feeling everything will crumble under me.

Has any body else felt like this? Or is it the crazy hormones?

arbrighton Thu 29-Dec-16 13:29:57

I have felt that way- first pregnancy, first month of trying, no spotting/ bleeding and a bit older. Scan yesterday helped massively though.

PeachBellini123 Thu 29-Dec-16 14:04:11

Normal pregnancy anxiety. As arbrighton said scans/midwife appointments where you hear the hearbeat will help.

I had these feelings. Now 40+1 weeks and ready to meet my little boy smile

user1483017402 Thu 29-Dec-16 14:23:33

Thank you Ladies! I'm glad i'm not just being a mard.

I'm sure things will be getting much more difficult the next few months

mistermagpie Thu 29-Dec-16 15:08:43

I don't mean this in a nasty way at all, but being pregnant at 23 whilst living with my in-laws would have been my idea of hell! What I mean is there is no such thing as 'too perfect', just what is right for you, and you don't deserve bad things to happen just because you are happy. I struggle with this stuff too, am pregnant with DC2 and almost feel I deserve a bad outcome because I have had such a good pregnancy. Rationally I know this is ridiculous but your mind and hormones do weird things.

OvariesForgotHerPassword Thu 29-Dec-16 15:10:49

No such thing as too perfect, I remember that feeling well. Tell your midwife about the anxiety, make sure they monitor that it doesn't become antenatal anxiety. flowers

Littlejayx Thu 29-Dec-16 15:18:09

@mistermagpie Honestly living with his family is lovely! I have never had a close family, as mine are dysfunctional as hell, he has a really big loving family and they have helped out a lot.

It is the feeling of panicking when I sit down and think what could go wrong. These hormones are little mindf*cks, I cried at my Dinner going out of date today haha.

Evergreen17 Thu 29-Dec-16 15:25:15

I didnt have any sickness or anything whatsoever so I understand the fear! But then I didnt enjoy my pregnancy for this reason, shame.
Now at 33 weeks and some I am just too tired and sore to enjoy.
Maybe you are really lovely and positive and things will look too perfect no matter what!
(Because if I had to leave with mine / his parents I would be a miserable b€%<$)

mistermagpie Thu 29-Dec-16 15:25:54

I'm sure they are! What I was getting at is just that 'too perfect' isn't a thing because it's so subjective. Sorry it wasn't worded well.

2014newme Thu 29-Dec-16 15:32:09

Perfect to me wouldn't look like living in someone else's home and not being able to afford my own place. If your relationship breaks up you are homeless. You have no financial security as you aren't married.
It's a far from perfect situation. Sorry to be the one to say it but if you think things are perfect you are blinkered, naive or both.

Littlejayx Thu 29-Dec-16 15:33:31

I am honestly not one of those annoyingly positive people trust me! I am a winge arse at the most easy times.
I think its knowing that in a way its all downhill from here - like you said the tiredness and soreness, pushing a baby out of your hoohaa thats going to be where i'm posting that I hate everything!

BluePeaches Thu 29-Dec-16 15:37:10

Stuck in a jam on the M5. My husband wants to know if anyone else in this queue is on Mumsnet?

Littlejayx Thu 29-Dec-16 15:37:23

@2014newme The only reason I am living at his parents is because we have saved enough for a deposit for a nice first house, just want to buy in the new year when my ISA bond ends.

I am not a fan in ' Thinking of the worst ' if everything is good I don't know why you would want to put any negativity into a relationship or life.

I earn all my own money and if anything like that did happen I could happily afford somewhere on my own. But that isn't what me nor my boyfriend want.

BluePeaches Thu 29-Dec-16 15:43:21

Oops sorry OP for my totally random post.

Pregnancy hormones are crazy - hopefully and probably it will all continue to go well.

OvariesForgotHerPassword Thu 29-Dec-16 15:47:29

Don't be a dickhead 2014 the OP was looking for reassurance, not asking for judgment on her living situation.

Littlejayx Thu 29-Dec-16 19:16:01

It's okay, some people like judging others, I wasn't really expecting so much negativity on my first post ha!

welshwench Thu 29-Dec-16 21:02:43

I was the same as you OP, struggled for so long to get pregnant that when it finally happened I couldn't believe how easy it was. Didn't even find out until I was nearly 2 months gone as I had no symptoms at all!

I was worried too that everything was going too well but I found that keeping busy gave me other things to think about and stopped me expecting all kinds of doom and gloom. A few complications have suddenly turned up since I turned 30 weeks (I'm now 37+2), BUT it's nothing that can't be dealt with by the hospital. I'm still pregnant, the end is in sight, and before you know it you'll be there too. Just enjoy your pregnancy and good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now