Talk

Advanced search

BFP 10dp5dt - but could it be a false positive???

(20 Posts)
kaykel157 Thu 29-Dec-16 11:25:18

We are currently on our first cycle of IVF, so have very little knowledge in this area. We were so lucky to have 16 eggs retrieved, 15 fertilised, 9 made it to blastocyst. One grade A was put back and we have 8 grade B/Cs snow embryos in the freezer.

We've been so patient throughout the whole cycle, but caved in yesterday when we did a pregnancy test (28/12/16) Our OTD is 1/1/17 so 4 days early. To our amazement, we got a BFP, but now I am wondering if any of the medications could have given us a false positive result.

I had the HCG injection 12/12/16 36 hours before egg collection and 16 days before I got the BFP, could this give me a false positive?

Thanks in advance and if you are like me, who has spent my whole IVF journey reading blogs for answers I wish you all the luck in the world. Its not a easy journey xx

Teakind Thu 29-Dec-16 12:13:57

Hello,

What strength was your trigger shot? I do think it sounds very promising!

I'm pregnant after my first round of IVF and tested positive from 5dp5dt (had a negative the day before and was convinced it was all over!!) The official test date we were given was 9dp5dt transfer so I think if you have a positive at 10dp you could be in luck!

Have you tried a digital clearblue?

I'll keep my fingers tightly crossed for you!

kaykel157 Thu 29-Dec-16 12:46:01

pregnyl 5000 x2 16 days before bfp
How far are you now?
I've had a few cramps that I thought were my af and my boobs were a bit sore. I'm a little tired and was really irritable over Christmas. I've had no implantation bleeding or anything.
The 2ww drags so much, and we've been occupied by Christmas!!
They told me not to test until 14dp5dt! I'm hoping that come New Year's Day we'all still have that positive xx

kaykel157 Thu 29-Dec-16 12:46:28

We used first response

chloechloe Thu 29-Dec-16 12:51:26

Did your trigger shot definitely contain HCG as many of them don't?

Even if it did I would have thought that the HCG would be out of your blood by the time you tested. However the only way to be sure of the result if testing before the clinic tells you to following an HCG trigger is to test daily from ET until you get a negative and keep testing thereafter.

I had 2 IVF babies (non HCG trigger) and tested positive on days 5 and 6 after 5 day transfers.

Given the time that has passed I would say you can be tentatively optimistic!

Blueroses99 Thu 29-Dec-16 12:52:40

Unlikely to be a false negative. I had the same dose of pregnyl and got a BFP at 9dp5dt (2 days before official test date) with first response. Congratulations!

chloechloe Thu 29-Dec-16 12:54:22

Cross posts! I see now that you did have an HCG trigger.

MouseLove Mon 02-Jan-17 18:29:26

Please update us if you can OP. X

kaykel157 Mon 02-Jan-17 21:27:09

Sorry I haven't replied, my emails didn't notify me that I had any new posts.

I did a test on my OTD. I used a clear blue which said I was 2-3 weeks and a first response which I had left over from the first test which was also positive. Of course We're over the moon but I feel a bit numb too. I think it's with all the strain and stresses over the last few months etc. Did anyone else feel like this? Plus there's the added worry of MC etc

I don't know if numb is the right word, maybe that we don't believe the result as I have no symptoms really. Even my sore boobs are are ok now. I was suffering with lots of period like cramps but they've gone now too. I just feel 'normal'

The clinic rang me, I'm at nurture in Nottingham and we have a scan on the 25th.

Is what I'm feeling normal? Xx

Obsessedalready Mon 02-Jan-17 21:40:13

No experience with IVF but I'm currently 7 weeks and didn't get any real symptoms until 6 weeks.

Now I have slightly sore boobs and am off my food, and extremely bloated. Honestly if I didn't know I was pregnant I would think it was just IBS. Midwife told me lots of women don't get any severe symptoms and not to worry as long as you are not bleeding or in severe pain.

I hope everything goes well with your pregnancy! flowers

Teakind Mon 02-Jan-17 22:25:11

Congratulations! That's fantastic news!!

In answer to your previous question, I'm now 20 weeks. I've spent most of the time feeling a combination of numb, terrified and anxious. I think how you are feeling is totally normal. I was convinced something bad was going to happen as my boobs felt normal but they still do really! No pain and maybe just a bit bigger.

Will your first scan be at 7 weeks?

Also just to say if you do another clearblue next week and it doesn't go up to 3+ please don't panic! Mine never did (and caused a lot of worry and tears!).

Congratulations again!

MouseLove Mon 02-Jan-17 22:46:34

Awwww congratulations!!!!! I'm 5 weeks today and I'm currently in a state of WTF. Got my BFP on NYE and did a clear blue yesterday which said 2-3 weeks. I don't have any symptoms at all. In fact I was testing to make sure I wasn't pregnant as I needed a MRI scan on nye ( was quite sad to pause TTC) . Well, didn't have the scan. 😊

I think it's totally normal not to have any symptoms this early. Try not to worry but to be excited!!! X

kaykel157 Tue 03-Jan-17 09:42:38

Thank you fur all your posts. And congratulations on all your pregnancies.

My first scan will be at 7 weeks. I'm guess then my care will be passed on to the midwife at my GP surgery.

I feel better knowing that some others don't have symptoms that scream out at them! I guess everyone is different. Although my boobs are little sore today.

So with this being an IVF Baby, do I go on the date of my last period or the date of embryos transfer to work out a EDD? What will my midwife go on?

Xx

MouseLove Tue 03-Jan-17 10:42:42

I think since you know exactly when egg got comfy they will use that date. But may date you a little further on. I wouldn't worry at this stage. Enjoy!!!! X

sickofTeletubbies Tue 03-Jan-17 21:32:07

Really sorry to gatecrash but I just wanted to congratulate MouseLove. We were on the same baby bus a few months ago. My name was MrsRose.

MouseLove Tue 03-Jan-17 22:20:49

Awwww thank you. I remember you too!! I quickly jumped off the buses as they were a bit too fast for me. Lol. X

sickofTeletubbies Tue 03-Jan-17 23:10:04

That was my first bus and it was going to be my last as I found hearing everyone's good news quite difficult. Thankfully I got my BFP that same month. I knew it wouldn't take you very long. So pleased for you grin

MouseLove Wed 04-Jan-17 08:32:38

Awww congratulations!! You must be past 12 weeks now then surely? I'm 5+2 today. X

MouseLove Wed 04-Jan-17 08:33:39

Awwwwww congratulations!! You must be past 12 weeks now surely? I'm 5+2 today.

sickofTeletubbies Wed 04-Jan-17 15:03:37

MouseLove 15 weeks today. Due in June smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now