Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can anyone offer any help or reassurance - really worried

(6 Posts)
Herbie84 Thu 29-Dec-16 00:50:39

Hi ladies,
Im 14 weeks this weekend and have a stinking cold. Ive just been inhaling camphor for the last 10 minutes (on a tissue by my bed) but then googled 'is it safe' and see it isnt and can be harmful. I am soo frightened ive caused damage to the baby. Has anyone had any advice from a gp or healthcare professional about camphor or has anyone used it and what happened? Did it cause any harm or was everything ok.
This is my third pregnancy this yr and im so frightened it's all going to go wrong again only this time itd be my own fault. Please help if tou can - any advice or experience would be appreciated. Thank you

pullthecracker Thu 29-Dec-16 05:55:38

Hi, I'm a midwife. The amount you've had from a nearby tissue for such a short amount of time is minimal, and won't have had any effect on the pregnancy, so please don't worry.
You can use Vicks to inhale in pregnancy in steam, which might help x

Herbie84 Thu 29-Dec-16 14:08:05

Thank you soo much for taking the time to reply, i really appreciate it. I cant believe how stupid i was not to check first x

pullthecracker Thu 29-Dec-16 22:10:19

No problem, don't beat yourself up about it, you're feeling rough just now and on auto pilot x

Scotmum83 Thu 29-Dec-16 22:16:32

Sterimar saline spray is great to clear your nose and sinuses. It's just salty water so perfectly safe.

raviolidreaming Thu 29-Dec-16 22:27:17

www.madeformums.com/pregnancy/is-vicks-safe-to-use-when-pregnant/30931.html

Vicks Inhalers are safe to use and they have camphor, so I wouldn't worry yourself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now