Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hypnobirthing/relaxation

(7 Posts)
Jojo13 Wed 28-Dec-16 21:21:56

Anyone using any hypnobirthing or relaxation cds?
I've done some relaxation/breathing at yoga, but with 9 weeks to go thinking of doing some extra practise with my iPod..!
Any recommendations?

Thanks

annlee3817 Wed 28-Dec-16 21:27:25

Maggie Howell Natal hypnotherapy really helped me

soundsystem Wed 28-Dec-16 21:35:26

Maggie Howell here, too. I've got the MP3son my phone and have been listening to it a couple of times a week since around 30 weeks. Usually sends me to sleep, though!

user1468957349 Thu 29-Dec-16 10:19:23

Sophie Fletcher Mindful Hypnobirth I've found to be fantastic. Tracks are free to download from her website too. Listen to it every night when I get in bed and not only am I finding myself calmer, I'm sleeping better too smile

originalmavis Thu 29-Dec-16 10:26:12

I used to teach hypnobirthing and people liked the CDs. Not the British accent one so much - the American one just sounded more 'authentic'.

It's basically self hypnosus with visualisation. Do it daily and you will become very proficient.

Basic is - get comfy and switch off the phone. Close eyes and start concentrating on your breath. Slow and deep. Count back from 10 to 0 on every breath/second breath out. Imagine you are walking down a nice strong, sturdy staircase with a handrail, or along a brightly lit corridor. When you get to zero imagine you are somewhere lovely (you can open a door to your 'place') imagine how it looks, smells, feels, sounds... do it as long as you can then reverse count and open your eyes at 10.

The more you do this the more relaxed you can get and the longer you can do it for.

LotisBlue Thu 29-Dec-16 10:28:46

I used the Maggie Howell one, it was really helpful

Jojo13 Thu 29-Dec-16 11:37:43

Thanks everyone, some good advice as always!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now