Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pink mucus/blood when wiping

(2 Posts)
WormitTheDog Wed 28-Dec-16 15:50:48

I know that no one can give me an answer here but just wondering if anyone has experienced this and what the outcome was? We're about 12 weeks with our 3rd (and very unexpected!) baby. We don't have our first scan until the 11th but the last two weeks I have had the odd streak of blood when I wipe. It's only when I wipe, and not every time I go. I didn't think too much of it until Monday when I started to have pink mucus when I wiped. One particularly dark bit last night. My midwife said it didn't sound like anything worrying but to phone the EPU. They didn't sound too concerned either but offered me a scan tomorrow when I told them I had dull back ache today. Now I'm terrified we're going to get there and find no heartbeat. Has anyone experienced anything like what I'm describing? If so do you know what caused it? What was the outcome. I'm freaking out, when we found out we were expecting we questioned whether this was the right time, now we've had time to process it I'd feel terrible if anything was wrong.

Snowflakes1122 Wed 28-Dec-16 16:08:36

Hi,

I have had bleeding in pregnant before.
With two of them it was because of cervical erosion. This isn't harmful it's just that the cervix can graze and bleed slightly after sex or if you strain going to the loo for example (tmi sorry)
With my son I had a subchorionic haematoma, which was a clot of blood in the womb that caused bleeding heavily for a few weeks. Again, nothing to worry about.

Bleeding doesn't always mean the worst. In fact the one pregnancy I didn't bleed in was my mmc, which was ironic.
I'm sure all will be ok with your scan. Good luck flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now