Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

12w screening

(11 Posts)
ellesbellesxxx Tue 27-Dec-16 12:14:26

Hello,
We opted for the screening at our scan which was 15 days ago. Obviously I know bank holidays/Christmas post etc could have affected anything arriving but should we have had the results by now?

MoonlightMojitos Tue 27-Dec-16 12:18:43

If anything is high risk you would have heard from the midwife by phone within 2-3 working days, they wont tell you high risk by letter, so take it as a good sign smile. The letter must just be held up because of bank holidays and busy period as you've said. If it's not here by the end of the week, give them a call.

ellesbellesxxx Tue 27-Dec-16 12:21:03

Oh thank you Moonlight that's really helpful!

Spam88 Tue 27-Dec-16 13:10:26

Do you specifically mean Downs screening?

We didn't opt for that but all the other screening tests we were given the results at the next midwife appointment, but we're told they'd be in touch sooner if there were any problems.

ellesbellesxxx Tue 27-Dec-16 13:11:33

We opted for downs/Edwards/patau but they did say we would get a letter.. hopefully any day then smile

Nikki2ol6 Tue 27-Dec-16 13:26:53

If they didn't ring you already then don't worry about it they would be straight on the phone if they seen a problem

PotteringAlong Tue 27-Dec-16 13:29:13

If they've not rung you then don't worry.

NennyNooNoo Tue 27-Dec-16 13:45:38

My 12 week screen came back as higher risk (1:115) and I got a phone call a few days after the scan. No news is definitely good news.

ellesbellesxxx Tue 27-Dec-16 13:50:59

Thank you ladies... and hope you are all doing ok xx

Snowflakes1122 Tue 27-Dec-16 14:44:01

Hi got mine back a week later (very low risk) and all looked fine.

I'd say it's because of the Christmas and new year timing. Less staff and slower postal services. As others have said you'd have heard very promptly if they had concerns.

annlee3817 Tue 27-Dec-16 19:30:50

I didn't find out until by 17 week midwife appointment, was also told, no news is good news and that they would phone within a few days if bad news, hope all is well for you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now