Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Short Femurs in 3rd Trimester

(6 Posts)
LadyBunnyFluff Tue 27-Dec-16 12:13:49

Anybody else currently have (now or in past) a baby with short femurs in the third trimester?

I've been having regular growth scans (previous SGA baby) and despite baby's head and abdomen circumference having actually recently hugely increased up the centiles her legs have fallen completely off the chart (gradually since 28 weeks).

I'm currently 27 weeks and her head is on about the 80th and her legs are as I said completely below the 5th centile (genuinely about 0% by online charts).

LadyBunnyFluff Tue 27-Dec-16 18:57:45

Anybody?
No?
Shameful bump it has to be then...

GeorgeTheThird Tue 27-Dec-16 19:01:32

The only person I knew with this was 5'0 tall and her husband about 5'5. The baby has no problems and is almost an adult now.

GeorgeTheThird Tue 27-Dec-16 19:01:44

She isn't very tall though!

LadyBunnyFluff Tue 27-Dec-16 20:18:49

Thanks for replying George.
We were expecting SGA so likely short but the difference in centiles surprised us.
Sonographer was really vague and determined to rush the appointment.

insan1tyscartching Tue 27-Dec-16 20:28:28

Only person I know who had a similar experience was told that short femurs were markers for down syndrome and/ or dwarfism. Baby had neither and now at seven is an average sized little boy (neither mum nor dad were tall)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now