Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else got the grumps?

(198 Posts)
Imavinoops Tue 27-Dec-16 11:56:15

Only 30 weeks today... but...

Sore back. Tired after doing Christmas. Grumpy as hell.

I'm staying in bed, it's been decided.
Anyone else want to join me for a duvet day, fake wine and treats? grin

MoonlightMojitos Tue 27-Dec-16 12:10:55

God I'm only 18 weeks and a horrible, miserable cow. Went out yesterday to meet up with family and I felt like a stroppy teenager wanting to roll my eyes at everything and telling people (in my head) oh, bore off. Trying to convince myself it's the hormones and I'm not really this horrible. I am not going to lie, I don't enjoy being pregnant one bit. I told my mum this and she was horrified and went on about how special and lovely it is and to enjoy it (cue me rolling eyes again).

Imavinoops Tue 27-Dec-16 12:22:51

MoonlightMojitos
I'm not really enjoying pregnancy either really. It's all a bit rubbish I think, I'm just waiting for it to all be over now really. I need to get the payout of the baby already!

How can you enjoy waiting around with an aching back, sorry legs and lots of worry!

And don't get me started on hormones! wink

Spam88 Tue 27-Dec-16 13:08:51

I'm loving being pregnant (only 19 weeks at the moment) but the number of times my sister has said to me 'I don't like you when you're pregnant' would suggest I'm being somewhat grumpy...grin

PotteringAlong Tue 27-Dec-16 13:10:29

Yes. 36 weeks with DC3. I'm ready to kill all the people...

Nikki2ol6 Tue 27-Dec-16 13:23:07

I'm 39wks and feel an emotion wreck today and been ready to kill someone for about 3 days now

Imavinoops Tue 27-Dec-16 13:36:55

Nikki 39 weeks, you must be crazy by now! How I'm ever going to reach that point without committing murder (probably DP's) I have no idea.

~sends some chocolate over~

I have banished DP and DS to the other room. No idea why they thought it would be acceptable to come near me being loud and start jumping on the bed right now.hmm

Nikki2ol6 Tue 27-Dec-16 13:51:49

Oh I am! I don't know how I haven't blew up with anyone yet lol

sj257 Tue 27-Dec-16 16:05:06

Yes I'm awful....36+6 with DC3

minniem0use Tue 27-Dec-16 16:27:00

Me too! Just counting down until my ELCS which is booked for Friday (39 weeks). And we have run out of chocolate.

Gardencentregroupie Tue 27-Dec-16 16:31:17

I'm fed up. 30 weeks here. The bump band on my maternity jeans keeps rolling down, I can't drink any of the lovely alcohol in the house, and it's a gamble as to whether any wee will leak out when I cough - which is all the time sad

Imavinoops Tue 27-Dec-16 17:54:26

Garden Yep, maternity jeans have given up for me now, I'm living in pjs (at home), leggings and joggers. Glamorous ;) Also DP seems to be seriously loving the posh liqueurs which were bought at Christmas. Going a bit green with envy, they look lovely!

Minnie Good luck for Friday, I imagine it's making this week drag though! I'm thinking speedy thoughts for you!

Gardencentregroupie Tue 27-Dec-16 18:09:59

DH persuaded me to buy some maternity joggers yesterday. I was loath to buy any maternity clothes cos I only have 10 weeks of being pregnant left in my whole life, but he pointed out that's over 2 months of being uncomfortable. Omg. £15 in the asos outlet and I may never wear anything else again.

Imavinoops Tue 27-Dec-16 19:18:55

Garden That good eh? I may have to have a quick nose later on in that case. grin

I get the feeling the next 10 weeks may drag if I'm feeling this rubbish the whole time. What's £15 compared to 10 weeks of misery.

NorthLondonmum83 Tue 27-Dec-16 19:51:48

Oh thank you for this thread! Coming up to 30 weeks and I feel so guilty for not walking around enjoying my newly thick hair (it looks messy) and feeling blessed. I've had back pain, hyperemesis and now very low iron levels to enjoy, 10 weeks to go and my toddler does not understand quiet time!

choccybiscuit Tue 27-Dec-16 22:21:55

25 weeks and fed up with my dh. I've dents weeks planning and blessings for his family get together this Xmas, made a big effort with them all. The minute my family come round, he can't be bothered to make an effort and falls asleep while they're here! Arghhhhh!!!!
Rant over.

choccybiscuit Tue 27-Dec-16 22:22:55

Planning and cleaning lol

Imavinoops Tue 27-Dec-16 22:24:28

North Welcome to misery street wink
I don't seem to have this fabled thick, beautiful hair I keep hearing about. If anything it feels thinner (maybe I'm going bald... shock ) I'm starting to believe all those old wives tales about baby girls "stealing" you beauty haha!

Just 10 weeks left though! Try and put your feet up (even though it feels impossible with a toddler around doesn't it, mine doesn't get quiet time either!)

I managed most of the day in bed guys! DP seemed very grumpy about the whole situation but I managed to sweet talk him out of it later on grin

Bumbleclat Tue 27-Dec-16 22:27:26

yep- poor DH.
41 weeks tomorrow bored, fed up and uncomfortable.
please come tonight baby.

Hyland Tue 27-Dec-16 22:35:33

34 weeks today.

I walk around kicking everything that is in my way, as it is to much effort to step over the chocolate tin or foot stool.

I snap when asked simple questions and then wonder why i responded that way!

Having to go a wee all the time is beyond pissing me off!

Not being able to get comfortable no matter what I'm doing, standing sitting or laying down.

I'm definitely a grumpy cow right now. How I will last the next 6 weeks, who knows.

DidoTwiteInnit Tue 27-Dec-16 22:42:08

Yes, me too! 30 weeks at the moment and have had agonising lower back pain ALL day. Sprayed myself with Deep Heat which helped, then panicked and realised I should check to see if it was 'allowed' when pregnant... apparently not! So panicked a bit more and have been sitting with a hot water bottle attached to me all day.

Am feeling like a big miserable whale.

No booze over Christmas either. Bah humbug.

Imavinoops Tue 27-Dec-16 22:43:24

Bumble I hope it starts hotting up for you soon! Here's cake to take your mind off of it a little. 41 weeks sounds rubbish.

Nikki I saw your other updates, hope it's starting to progress a bit more!

Hyland Haha I too have started booting and nudging things out of the way. Bending makes the bottom bit of my bump hurt. DP has started helping with my socks and shoes (which incidentally made me cry the other day) How quickly does everything suddenly become more difficult! I had no idea!

Hyland Tue 27-Dec-16 23:14:12

Imavinoops: lol i too asked my partner to tie my laces the other day. It hurts to bend down sad

That goes the same for wiping when i go to the loo and trying to put in tights. Serious struggle! Oh and shaving legs etc lol

Next to impossible!

Hyland Tue 27-Dec-16 23:21:03

ha ha i don't get help wiping (just realised how that read)

Imavinoops Tue 27-Dec-16 23:26:08

Hyland Ooer help with wiping! Imagine what a dedicated partner you would need for that! grin

Tights and clean shaven legs (or anything for that matter) seem to have gone out the window in this house. wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now