Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Another maternity notes one sorry!

(7 Posts)
moosechops Mon 26-Dec-16 21:26:26

Hello everyone, just been to the maternity unit as I lost some fluid today (I'm 39+4) anyway everything's waters intact.

Just trying to work out my notes, can someone give me a hand? It's been a while since my first!

VE: VV nad
Cx soft central
Cx os 1-2cms, int os closed
Ceph -3 ballotable

Pos LOL/P

Thanks in advance if anyone replies xx

moosechops Mon 26-Dec-16 21:26:57

Everything's fine**

soundsystem Mon 26-Dec-16 21:31:58

I only know some of I'm afraid (from my own notes, I'm not medically qualified in any way!)

Visual Exam: No Abnormalities Detected (not sure about the VV)

Cervix soft - that sounds like a good thing!

Cephali - so the baby is the right way up. No idea about -3 ballotable, through.

Hopefully someone more knowledgable will be along soon!

soundsystem Mon 26-Dec-16 21:33:56

Oh, hang on ballotable (in a different context) means floating... So I wonder if that means not-engaged yet?

auberginefrog Mon 26-Dec-16 21:37:38

Think vv will Be vulva/vagina
cervix soft is good and 1-2cm is very early dilation. Ballotable is just the way the head feels - the bum is not ballotable and 3 is how far it's engaged I think? Not sure about the last one but I'd like to think they'd tell you if anything was worrying at all

Hope it all goes well

MrsLouisTomlinson Mon 26-Dec-16 21:37:55

VE (vaginal examination) vulva and vagina no abnormalities detected

Cervix soft and central.

External os open 1-2cm, internal os closed.

Head minus 3 above the ischial spines able to be pushed up out of the pelvis.

Position Left Occipito Lateral to Left occipto posterior (back towards the left hand side towards your back).

moosechops Mon 26-Dec-16 21:52:54

Thanks for your help guys, usually I can work it out myself but there's some new ones in there for me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now