Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Advice..5 weeks 6 days cramping and bleeding

(3 Posts)
Elsmo990 Sat 24-Dec-16 21:29:57

Hi all

I am 5 weeks 6 days and had my first docs app. Yesterday. I had some brown blood spotting and told them about it. They said it should be ok..but just watch how it goes..and 'what will be will be'. Today I had cramps and some red blood..not as much as a period but still cause for concern. I have my midwife meeting 12 Jan..but I don't know if I'm having/had a miscarriage. My boobs are still tender and I got the odd sickness twinge. I could really do with a good book to cover all this kind of stuff!! Can any of you relate? Thanks xx

Shainamarpia Sat 24-Dec-16 23:11:06

It can be really worrying and scary when this happens. If I were you I'd phone your nearest early pregnancy unit for a scan. It's at your local hospital just phone the switchboard and they can transfer you.

I went through this myself at the start of the year. Some light pinkish blood, then brown then bright red unfortunately I miscarried. So it's always worth getting it checked just to be sure.

I hope everything goes well :D

Elsmo990 Sun 25-Dec-16 10:50:15

Thank you so much for getting back to me. I've woken this morning to some terrible cramps and heavy bleeding. Wasn't meant to be l. I'd only just got use to the idea. What a whirlwind few days xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now