Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Potentially leaking fluid

(18 Posts)
user278173 Sat 24-Dec-16 21:01:34

I've leaking fluid lightly and am going to monitor it tonight (it's not urine but I don't know if it's just watery discharge or something I should worry about) have left a message for mw but not sure if I'll get a call back as tomorrow is Christmas Day! If I do go and get it checked out what can I expect has anybody had this?

Oysterbabe Sat 24-Dec-16 21:16:15

How far along are you?

Cupcakegirl13 Sat 24-Dec-16 21:16:53

How far along are you ? I'd phone delivery suite if I were you not wait until tomorrow

OneEpisode Sat 24-Dec-16 21:20:42

Call the maternity unit. They brought me in. They will say what to do in your case to ensure everyone's ok.

Btw they thought my particular situation could be serious and I had the full crash team there for the delivery. The crash team actually didn't do anything at all and just left. Ds was fine. Good luck!

Haggard1 Sat 24-Dec-16 21:23:24

Another vote for maternity unit - could be your waters.

Heirhelp Sat 24-Dec-16 21:24:28

You must ring the maternity unit now.

Heirhelp Sat 24-Dec-16 21:25:34

They will swap your vagina to see if it is amniotic fluid. How many weeks are you?

user278173 Sat 24-Dec-16 22:46:51

Sorry I'm almost 29w. It's more of a constant dampness but I can feel it "trickling" when I get up (sorry if tmi), which is why I wanted to keep an eye on it rather than call the maternity unit, especially because the only way of me getting there currently would be a taxi which on Christmas Eve would cost more than I can afford as my partners not back home for a while and I'm quite a way from the hospital.

LuchiMangsho Sat 24-Dec-16 22:59:56

I would call the maternity unit NOW given your gestation. If your waters have gone you will need steroids for your baby's lungs to be administered ASAP.

Frusso Sat 24-Dec-16 23:01:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LuchiMangsho Sat 24-Dec-16 23:01:44

If need be they will recommend an ambulance. I am in the midst of a high risk pregnancy with the serious possibility of pre term labour so I know how serious this stuff is. Don't wait around at home please. In terms of the long term prognosis for the baby the next few hours could be critical. They will try to stop you going into labour and give you stuff for the baby's lungs. Even if you were to deliver prematurely these would make an enormous difference to neonatal outcome.

Esker Sat 24-Dec-16 23:01:55

Definitely call- it can't hurt to ask. Good luck!

Summer23 Sat 24-Dec-16 23:03:09

Yes call the maternity unit. It sounds like it is fluid as opposed to heavy discharge. You need to get this checked.

Sittingunderafrostysky Sat 24-Dec-16 23:03:18

I think you should call too. Know it's a pain for you, but better to get it checked.

ICantThinkOfAUsernameH Sat 24-Dec-16 23:27:44

Call the unit for advice, they will tell you what to do, better to be safe than sorry.
I had leaking waters and needed steroids for the baby's lungs.

onmybroomstick Sat 24-Dec-16 23:49:36

Deffo give them a ring op

froglou Sun 25-Dec-16 14:06:58

Everything was fine, went for an internal exam, they couldn't say what it was but they said not to worry.

OneEpisode Sun 25-Dec-16 15:17:48

Thank you for the update! Hope Christmas is back on track now..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now